This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that you used to like, but now dislike

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Games that you used to like, but now dislike

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
4 years ago#21
There are no games I "used to like". If I liked it then, I like it now.
PSN- BlackRain8782

User Info: MrSmadSmartAlex

MrSmadSmartAlex
4 years ago#22
There are series that have been ruined for me by later entries, but I haven't really grown to dislike any games I used to like. A few have aged badly (THPS2, for example), but not enough for me to actually dislike them.

I like some games I used to dislike, though.

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 years ago#23
Nearly all action games from the early days of 3d environments. They were great for their day but many of them have aged poorly due to poor controls and muddy graphics that make it difficult to tell where you need to go.
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
4 years ago#24
I'm sure there's a bunch, but I'll just go with the one I thought of first: the God of War games.

The first two were so much fun when I first played them, but at some point during the third one I got really sick of everything about it. I even went back and tried the first couple again and they bored me. I haven't even bothered with the new one, and I probably won't.
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
4 years ago#25
Any fighting game, pretty much.

I was always so excited when we would rent Street Fighter 2 when I was in elementary school.

Throughout high school I was in to Tekken.

I unlocked everything in Soul Calibur 2 on GameCube.

I get my ass handed to me in Tekken 6 PSP on Easy mode, after downloading it from PS+...

I sold UMvC3 because I hated it.

I almost instantly regretted buying SF4.
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob

Stanger5150
4 years ago#26
kel25 posted...
Nearly all action games from the early days of 3d environments. They were great for their day but many of them have aged poorly due to poor controls and muddy graphics that make it difficult to tell where you need to go.

I hated those back when they came out too. I remember thinking "damn, they jumped to 3D way too soon".

They were always hard to control and navigate, and I didn't accept it just because they were 3D, especially since many SNES games looked much better than early PS games.
PSN- BlackRain8782

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
4 years ago#27
None

If I liked a game once then why would I not like it later?
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10

User Info: DualShooter23

DualShooter23
4 years ago#28
diebuster2 posted...
Assassin's creed. Now you're just a series that I use to know.

Yep. No.2 was amazing. No.3 was such a disappointment.
Currently Playing: UMVC3(Nova, Spence, Doom), Persona 4 & P4A, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 years ago#29
Stanger5150 posted...
kel25 posted...

I hated those back when they came out too. I remember thinking "damn, they jumped to 3D way too soon".

They were always hard to control and navigate, and I didn't accept it just because they were 3D, especially since many SNES games looked much better than early PS games.

Looking back it is kind of amazing I enjoyed any of those games. I guess I didn't mind it as much because every game felt so awkward.

It wasn't until many years later that I realized how awful those games where after playing Goldeneye again. I sunk countless hours playing that game with friends but find it unplayable now because of the poor controls.
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY

Stanger5150
4 years ago#30
kel25 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
kel25 posted...

Looking back it is kind of amazing I enjoyed any of those games. I guess I didn't mind it as much because every game felt so awkward.

It wasn't until many years later that I realized how awful those games where after playing Goldeneye again. I sunk countless hours playing that game with friends but find it unplayable now because of the poor controls.

Goldeneye is still fine for me, but modern FPS controls make it hard for me to get used to again. I think Super Mario 64 was the first fully 3D game that didn't play like ass. I literally can't stand any PS1 game that isn't 2D, or 3D with pre-rendered backgrounds, and I've felt that way since the system launched.

*imitates AVGN* what were they thinking?!

It's the only time in video game history where graphics and playability took a step backward just so devs could brag about tech.

Fact is, the tech just wasn't good enough yet.
PSN- BlackRain8782
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Games that you used to like, but now dislike

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived