This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't get enough classic Mega Man.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can't get enough classic Mega Man.

User Info: BruceLee007

BruceLee007
4 years ago#1
I've always been a big fan of the Mega Man series, and have just had a marathon of 1-10, plus the Game Boy I-V. This might just be my fav video game series of all time. The weakest entry was 8 which isn't bad , just had terrible music and not up to standards of rest of series.

Best are 2,3,4,5,6,9 and Game Boy V IMO.

Really wish more fun, whimsical, yet challenging games along these lines were still made. The music is a core element to the series' greatness.

Have played through 15 Mega Man games in less than 2 months, and still want more. Really, really hope the new game Capcom is making is part of classic series and is true to its roots.
PSN-BruceLee007

User Info: TanyaGD

TanyaGD
4 years ago#2
:O 8 is my favorite. Maybe because it was the first Mega Man I ever played. . .
I'm a guy. PSN= ss1006
Black 2 FC: 0777-2155-1737

User Info: plasticman13

plasticman13
4 years ago#3
They're good but Megaman X > Megaman.
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
4 years ago#4
plasticman13 posted...

That's a tough call, but I'll take classic Mega Man 1-10. They're much more consistent. I think there are more great games in the classic series than in the X series, plus, the inconsistent art styles of the X series bug the hell out of me. I feel the same about Mega Man 7 and 8.
PSN- BlackRain8782

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
4 years ago#5
I have very fond memories of playing through the first two games over and over again. That classic 8 bit music just always will stick in my memory on the sounds in those games.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 years ago#6
If by any chance they come out with another MM game based on the original series, I hope they don't go 8-bit again. I understand at the MM9 being the first classic MM game in years and they wanted to it to be a throwback to the older ones, but MM10?

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
4 years ago#7
KCJ5062 posted...
If by any chance they come out with another MM game based on the original series, I hope they don't go 8-bit again. I understand at the MM9 being the first classic MM game in years and they wanted to it to be a throwback to the older ones, but MM10?

What's wrong with 8-bit Mega Man?

Mega Man 11, if it ever happens, should be 8-bit
PSN- BlackRain8782

User Info: Ferarri619

Ferarri619
4 years ago#8
plasticman13 posted...

This.
~Nintendo 64. Get N or Get out. Coming Fall 1996~

User Info: BruceLee007

BruceLee007
4 years ago#9
plasticman13 posted...

The early Megaman X games were good, but they went downhill quickly once they got to part 5, I haven't played past 6 though. Even though Classic series 5 and 6 aren't as fresh as 1 and 2, they still have the same level of quality.
PSN-BruceLee007

User Info: markd23

markd23
4 years ago#10
Ferarri619 posted...
plasticman13 posted...

This.

Megaman X7 is one of the worst games I've ever played. X4 and X5 are great though. I still prefer the 8-bit versions h. I basically grew up replaying 2 and 3 over and over and then when the Anniversary collection came out I was in love with 1-6. Recently MM9 was one of the most challenging games I've beat that I can think of in recent history. MM10 feels weaker though.
Currently Playing: | Final Fantasy VI | Bioshock (2nd play-through) |
PSN: Down_Time
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can't get enough classic Mega Man.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived