This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hyper Dimension Neptunia Victory vs Mugen Souls vs Trinity Universe

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Hyper Dimension Neptunia Victory vs Mugen Souls vs Trinity Universe

User Info: musumane

musumane
4 years ago#1
Which do you recommend? - Results (47 votes)
HDN Victory
82.98% (39 votes)
Mugen Souls
12.77% (6 votes)
Trinity Universe
4.26% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I am looking for a decent length ( at least 30 hours for the core game ) jRPG. I have played the first two HDN games and liked 1 more than 2 ( though 2 had a better battle system)

Battle System being good isn't a must, I mainly want interesting/good characters, a decent challenge, and just having a fun time.

Which would you guys recommend?
Haku (or Jinsei Shinzaki or whatever name he goes by nowadays) is badass.! - 619King

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
4 years ago#2
I do like HDNV battle and growth system but I never play Mugen Soul or Trinity Universe.

I vote for HDNV.
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.

User Info: PHEEliNUX

PHEEliNUX
4 years ago#3
Victory is the best, Mugen Souls is very long and grindy like Disgaea, But it is IMO boring when it comes to grinding and not fun like Disgaea
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"

User Info: DelsinRowe

DelsinRowe
4 years ago#4
Where is the none option? Terrible biased poll.
You are not in control.

User Info: superbowl54

superbowl54
4 years ago#5
Victory

I can't speak on Mugen Souls since I haven't played it, but that seems close to a cross between Mk2 and Disgaea.

Trinity Universe is very much like the first Neptunia but without as interesting characters.

Victory has a good length (took me about 45 hours on my first playthrough to get the normal ending), some bosses can be very challenging (Ch 5 CopyPaste and Arfoire, Ch 8 Yellow Heart especially), and it combines the best aspects of HDN 1 (humor, story) with Mk2 (improved battle system - it's been refined even more after Mk2).
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Injustice, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC

User Info: Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil
4 years ago#6
I guess Victory, though your question amounts to asking what the better is of crap, s**t, or poop.
HP/MP restored!
...but you're still hungry

User Info: musumane

musumane
4 years ago#7
Seems people like HDN V, so I will probably go with that.
Haku (or Jinsei Shinzaki or whatever name he goes by nowadays) is badass.! - 619King

User Info: Androm2

Androm2
4 years ago#8
Resident Weevil posted...
I guess Victory, though your question amounts to asking what the better is of crap, s**t, or poop.

This reply here is sooo right every word.
"Skies of Arcadia, Suikoden 2. Suikoden 5 are the games that effected my view of life, the best entertainment I've ever had, the humans best creation"

User Info: bh7812

bh7812
4 years ago#9
Quote:Resident Weevil posted...

This reply here is sooo right every word.

@Androm2

It's not. It's not a funny or cute statement. He didn't intelligently state why he thinks they're bad games. He just threw that sentence out there praying for a laugh. Ill take the person who takes the time to intelligently write why they dislike something over childish crap like what he did.

To answer the actual question though, from what I can personally vouch for, like HDN1 Trinity Universe is a game you'll need a lot of patience and high attention span for. Trinity Universe has far better music than HDN 1 though. HDN V I haven't gotten to yet but it's supposedly even better than HDN 2. Mk2 is a far better game than the first one and I can recommend that one. Mugen Souls I have as well, that's on the to play list but I can't speak for that one yet.
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD
4 years ago#10
Own all 3 and have to go with HDN V.

Completed HDN V, it had the best combat system out the 3 and was downright hilarious at times. Much better than the first too which i also own and completed.

Mugen Souls i haven't even opened yet.

Trinity Universe's battle system was downright boring and couldn't bring myself to complete it... yet. I will one day though.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Hyper Dimension Neptunia Victory vs Mugen Souls vs Trinity Universe

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived