This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super slim questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Super slim questions

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
3 years ago#1
So my fat 80 GB non-BC PS3 died/is in the process of dying. I could probably fix it and may very well do so at a later date, but in the meantime, I'm thinking I'll pick up a new PS3.

Are there any glaring issues with the super slim compared to the original PS3s? I mean, if anything, the super slims should be better, but I just want to confirm this before I make the purchase.

Thanks.

User Info: ImDyinSquirtle

ImDyinSquirtle
3 years ago#2
People like to whine and cry about the slide-back cover

But that's about it really
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
3 years ago#3
Oh yeah, I read that the disc loading system is different. Is it basically just like the slim PS2's was? Because that's not really an issue in my eyes.

User Info: izza20

izza20
3 years ago#4
I got one to replace a 40gig fat that died. It's fine. The top loading slide cover isn't exactly like the ps2 was, it slides across instead of opens upwards, but it's completely fine.

There's a little more disc noise than the fat and previous slim due to less covering, but there's not much (the Wii and Xbox 360 are way noisier).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Super slim questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived