This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FIFA producer wants Call of Duty players to play FIFA, to exceed expectations.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. FIFA producer wants Call of Duty players to play FIFA, to exceed expectations.

User Info: RoxasANobody

RoxasANobody
4 years ago#11
J Sasaki posted...
I played the hell out of FIFA 08 back in the day, so I bought FIFA 13 on its launch day. Then I returned it a week later because I didn't like the user interface and was disappointed that the game kept its cartoon visual style and silly running animation. The game is too arcadey for my liking also.

Eh? Many people have been praising this iteration of FIFA for bringing back the ferocity of being on the pitch. I've played soccer for ten years and it was extremely fun to play with players all around the world - it was interesting to see how different playing styles can affect the way you play. It's uncanny how well things can go for you one game and the next you're missing every shot or the opposition's goalie is able to block every shot AND its rebound.

Usually people go after FIFA for the gameplay, but they go after PES for the career mode and the manager mode [for those who don't understand that - it's like going to Call of Duty for the quick paced TDM matches while you go to Battlefield for the massive 64 player battles].

Granted, there are some instances where the AI is completely unaware of how to operate like a normal player, but it's saved by the intense counterattacks and strategical passes.
http://tinyurl.com/ay3brq9 - It'll make your day.
Currently playing: FIFA 13, Deus Ex: HR, and Gran Turismo 5

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
4 years ago#12
i don't understand this guy's problem FIFA already sells like water in a hot day if FIFA was an unpopular game or a new game i would understand but no it's a very popular one besides there are people who play CoD and FIFA already
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
4 years ago#13
Isn't FIFA already more popular than CoD in Europe?
To make FIFA bigger than CoD, theyd have to sell well in the US as well, which seems impossible.

User Info: TheMcKnightMare

TheMcKnightMare
4 years ago#14
We play REAL football in 'Merica! ;)
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightmare
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MR6tlIJ.jpg[/IMG]

User Info: Chungarunga

Chungarunga
4 years ago#15
^ You mean handegg?
Now you're blushing and you have an erection, no one has enough blood.

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
4 years ago#16
TheMcKnightMare posted...

how do you play Football if most of the time you're holding the ball with your hands?
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage

User Info: TheMcKnightMare

TheMcKnightMare
4 years ago#17
majin nemesis posted...
TheMcKnightMare posted...

how do you play Football if most of the time you're holding the ball with your hands?

It was a joke... Hence the wink face...... Calm yourself!
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightmare
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MR6tlIJ.jpg[/IMG]

User Info: LAGswitchLARRY

LAGswitchLARRY
4 years ago#18
The producer is SPOT ON

Fifa would be so much moar bearable with guns. Get a red card and acog p90 the ref.

Can't wait. I hope you can knife the annoying unbathed fans
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
4 years ago#19
Sweet, I always wanted my Soccer players to have health regen & infinite respawns, killstreaks, and terrible arcade-style run & gun gameplay.

Does anyone remember when EA actually made great games and didn't have their heads up their own asses? Seriously, believe it or not, there actually was a time when they were a great game developer & publisher.

User Info: 4sakuraHa0

4sakuraHa0
4 years ago#20
I think it's kind of hard to outsell CoD in US market.
Maybe they can do it in European market where, you know, more people are familiar with football (or soccer).
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. FIFA producer wants Call of Duty players to play FIFA, to exceed expectations.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived