This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to bust this WD HDD to pieces.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I want to bust this WD HDD to pieces.

User Info: Ultra Buu

Ultra Buu
3 years ago#1
Useless PoC! Causing all my games to lag, cutout music and voices. Scorpio blue is full of fail. I had to switch back to my old drive for the time being.

I need a POWERFUL, HELLA FAST drive for a fatboy. SSD is effin overpriced for the space you get. I don't know what's good anymore after Seagate took over Samsung and that flood in Thailand. :[
You're talking to me all wrong. Its the wrong tone. Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

User Info: huyi

huyi
3 years ago#2
i've heard bad things about wd scorpio blues, that is why i got a samsung 1tb instead, completely lag free like it should be :)
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ

User Info: Ultra Buu

Ultra Buu
3 years ago#3
1TB have to be made to fit in there though. Not sure I want to go that far.
You're talking to me all wrong. Its the wrong tone. Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
3 years ago#4
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momentus-2-5-Inch-Internal-Notebook/dp/B002BH4PP6/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1367093938&sr=1-2

There is a good one TC.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.

User Info: Kenaue

Kenaue
3 years ago#5
I've got a 1TB Seagate Momentus in my PS3. works amazingly.
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga (PS2), P3:FES (PS2), Black Ops 2 (Wii U), Fallout: NV (PC), Portal 2 (PC)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH

User Info: wheepitup

wheepitup
3 years ago#6
Strange, my 500 gb 7200 RPM WD HDD works like a charm. I love when people make a blanket statement about a company because they got one defective item.
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg

User Info: GoodOlWandu

GoodOlWandu
3 years ago#7
Kenaue posted...

This. Mine is 500GB that i got over 3 yrs ago and its 7200rpm. Seagate Momentus is amazing. I heard alot of bad things about the WD scorpio blue when i was looking to upgrade my 60gb launch ps3. Ive never had any problems with Seagate.
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187

User Info: Kenaue

Kenaue
3 years ago#8
GoodOlWandu posted...
Kenaue posted...

This. Mine is 500GB that i got over 3 yrs ago and its 7200rpm. Seagate Momentus is amazing. I heard alot of bad things about the WD scorpio blue when i was looking to upgrade my 60gb launch ps3. Ive never had any problems with Seagate.

I replaced my 60GB HDD with the TB one.
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga (PS2), P3:FES (PS2), Black Ops 2 (Wii U), Fallout: NV (PC), Portal 2 (PC)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
3 years ago#9
I have used Seagate&Western Digital drives both with no issues so,you just got a bad drive it happens sometimes TC.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.

User Info: GoodOlWandu

GoodOlWandu
3 years ago#10
Kenaue posted...
GoodOlWandu posted...
Kenaue posted...

I replaced my 60GB HDD with the TB one.

Now that i finally subscribed to PS+, im thinking about upgrading again.
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I want to bust this WD HDD to pieces.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived