This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Atlus has released 17 games...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Atlus has released 17 games...

User Info: vind3d

vind3d
4 years ago#21
mtjormitch posted...
They have Etrian Odyssey 1 through 4. SMT Devil survivor 1 and 2 including their soon rereleases on 3DS. SMT Strange Journey, Devil Summoner one and two along with Soul Hackers, Persona 3 and 4 along with their rereleases. Catherine, Persona 4 Arena. (Developed by Arc system Works but helped massively by the Persona team.) All 3 Wii Trauma Center games and three animes, two shows and one movie series.

What has the Final Fantasy series done since the Announcement of FF13 Versus? Seriously... I think Square Enix is just lazy at this point, they aren't trying, they are just collecting royalties off the name and just doing the occiasional work on a IOS game that bombs massively and gets people to hate them more.

There are no more excuses at this point. Atlus simply has become better than Square Enix at this point. They actually release things they announce.

And out of those 17 I bought 3. Hardly ever played the one and then sold it. Otoh, I never finished FFXIII. And don't get me started on the P5 wait.
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.

User Info: Acquire

Acquire
4 years ago#22
justchill433 posted...
NotCeo posted...
Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Square-Enix has released well over 50 games...

Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Square-Enix has released more than 17 games that are part of the Final Fantasy franchise, not including the countless ports and remakes of classic titles.

I only counted new releases that are not remakes and developed by them alone. It outnumbers them massively.

SE has still put out more games than Atlus that were new releases so I don't see your point...

I only counted original games. It still beats Square Enix on Atlus's end. Also the fact that Atlus keeps a insanely high quality bar for their games also shows that Square is more or less lazy than anything else.

No it doesn't. You're comparing all of Atlus' games to FF13 and 13-2. What the hell kind of comparison is that? You've completely failed to realize they released a several high quality FF and non FF games that aren't part of the FF13 series in that same time period. If you count both companies' publishing arms as well, SE has had a far greater impact with all the great games they've published over the last half a decade or so.
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.

User Info: NotCeo

NotCeo
4 years ago#23
mtjormitch posted...
justchill433 posted...
NotCeo posted...
Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Square-Enix has released well over 50 games...

Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Square-Enix has released more than 17 games that are part of the Final Fantasy franchise, not including the countless ports and remakes of classic titles.

I only counted new releases that are not remakes and developed by them alone. It outnumbers them massively.

SE has still put out more games than Atlus that were new releases so I don't see your point...

I only counted original games. It still beats Square Enix on Atlus's end. Also the fact that Atlus keeps a insanely high quality bar for their games also shows that Square is more or less lazy than anything else.

I counted at least 17 original titles in the Final Fantasy franchise. So that doesn't include all of the remakes and ports.
If you count every original title that SE has released 2007-now, you'll get up to well over 50 titles.

User Info: Lockheart34

Lockheart34
4 years ago#24
thisranks posted...
You know, i love these SE hate topics.

FFXIII comes out and some complain it's not a FF game because it doesn't have this, that, and everything else they have decided makes a FF game. SE promises to fix that with VS.

It took a ridiculously long time to make FFXIII on the PS3 without all that stuff you clowns demand a FF game have in it not to mention the fact that the PS3 isn't god's gift to easy development and you expect it to take less time than FFXIII?

Yes. They spent more time developing the damn engine for FFXIII than the game itself. They spent two years on the actual game content.

Oooh, pretty graphix.
PSN: Kamurotetsu

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
4 years ago#25
Looks like they've made a bunch of crap since 2006.
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko

User Info: TehAssasin

TehAssasin
4 years ago#26
Meanwhile at Square Enix headquarter:

Yea guys, we gonna put Versus XIII on hold for another 8 more years and then secretly cancel it. What else should we do then? More entries to FFXIII trilogy, FFXI and FFXIV and their subsequent expansion packs and DLCs, remakes, ports and iOS casual games (All the Bravest 2 anyone?) of course!

User Info: Androm2

Androm2
4 years ago#27
akuma634 posted...
You're comparing the developer hired to make FFvs13 to a publisher that released a bunch of games made by various developers. Plus given how nuts SE is with their spending, I wouldn't be shocked if they've invested more money in FFvs13 and the FF14 overhaul then all 17 of the Atlus published titles combined.

I think FFvs13 budget is bigger than All of Atlus games since 1995 to this day combined it is like 150 million and the absolute biggest Atlus game cant go over 5 millions and these big ones are so few, most Atlus games budget in 100K to 2 million.
"Skies of Arcadia, Suikoden 2. Suikoden 5 are the games that effected my view of life, the best entertainment I've ever had, the humans best creation"

User Info: Iamthekuzalol

Iamthekuzalol
4 years ago#28
FFvs13 cost 150 millions? Even a much much bigger title like GTA5 would only cost 137.5 million to make. No wonder their games could never ever reach their sales expectation.

User Info: Gigidramon

Gigidramon
4 years ago#29
mtjormitch posted...
They have Etrian Odyssey 1 through 4. SMT Devil survivor 1 and 2 including their soon rereleases on 3DS. SMT Strange Journey, Devil Summoner one and two along with Soul Hackers, Persona 3 and 4 along with their rereleases. Catherine, Persona 4 Arena. (Developed by Arc system Works but helped massively by the Persona team.) All 3 Wii Trauma Center games and three animes, two shows and one movie series.

What has the Final Fantasy series done since the Announcement of FF13 Versus? Seriously... I think Square Enix is just lazy at this point, they aren't trying, they are just collecting royalties off the name and just doing the occiasional work on a IOS game that bombs massively and gets people to hate them more.

There are no more excuses at this point. Atlus simply has become better than Square Enix at this point. They actually release things they announce.

Atlus still didn't release Persona 5...

Maybe they are saving it for the PS4.

User Info: AnonUnknown

AnonUnknown
4 years ago#30
Gigidramon posted...
mtjormitch posted...

Atlus still didn't release Persona 5...

Maybe they are saving it for the PS4.

Well, because it wasn't really announced?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Atlus has released 17 games...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived