This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Data Transfer Utility may be frozen!?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Data Transfer Utility may be frozen!?

User Info: JanayBerry

JanayBerry
4 years ago#1
I'm using the utility to transfer from a 250 Gb Slim to a 500 Gb Super Slim.

I started the transfer a about 1:30pm-ish before I went to work on April 27th. When I got home, I turned the tv on at 12:13am April 28th to see the data is 83% with 1 hour 52 minutes.

I eventually went to bed close to 2am since I had nothing to do. Woke up this morning at 8:02am, and the data is still 83% with 1 hour 52 minutes remaining.

On the "sending" system, the hdd light gives a quick blink from time to time. On the "receiving" system, the hdd light is solid. On both systems, the controllers respond amongst other things like background movement.

I searched google, but mainly seeing people getting data corrupts or other error messages within 10 hours. My transfer will be going for 24 hours in the next 5 hours.

Anyone out there experienced this delay but still managed to get 100%?
PSN: Jim_Berry
Favorites (since 4/18/13): DC Universe, Cadtlevania: HoD, Mass Effect, Hard Corps: Uprising, Double Dragon Neon, Resident Evil 6, Black Ops 2.

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
4 years ago#2
just tried transferring data from old ps3 to new ps3 i got yesterday, got to 70% done then corrupted, now have to dl it all over, and it took like 40 mins just to get to 70%, cant even do a simple transfer on this pos
Now playing-DCUO, Injustice GAU,Sacred Citadel
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Shin megami 4,PS4,720
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Data Transfer Utility may be frozen!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived