This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So many PS3 games I need to get!! >_<

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So many PS3 games I need to get!! >_<

User Info: xxnike629xx

xxnike629xx
4 years ago#11
RPGsplease posted...
xxnike629xx posted...
Seifer_us posted...
xxnike629xx posted...
...I have less than 4 GB of storage left?

Duh. So now I need a new PS3, and this time, I will get a 750 GB HDD along with it.

Why not just replace the hard drive? You could get a drive that size for a good deal less than a new PS3 would cost.

No. Because then I would lose my data.

Ok so can ignore my post that tells you how to keep ur data troll topic/

Copy protected files don't transfer unless it's between 2 PS3's via ethernet.
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629Bloginb4suiton.blogspot.com

User Info: OmegaBlades

OmegaBlades
4 years ago#12
Your lack of Deadly Premonition Director's Cut disappoints me....your whole list is null and void.
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462

User Info: Seifer_us

Seifer_us
4 years ago#13
xxnike629xx posted...
RPGsplease posted...
xxnike629xx posted...
Seifer_us posted...
xxnike629xx posted...

Duh. So now I need a new PS3, and this time, I will get a 750 GB HDD along with it.

Why not just replace the hard drive? You could get a drive that size for a good deal less than a new PS3 would cost.

No. Because then I would lose my data.

Ok so can ignore my post that tells you how to keep ur data troll topic/

Copy protected files don't transfer unless it's between 2 PS3's via ethernet.

If you run the backup utility on the same PS3, just with a new hard drive, you'll still keep all your copy-protected data. It's only with a new system that it won't transfer. I can confirm this because I did it this way when I upgraded my 60GB to 500GB.

Alternatively, you could just buy three months of PS+ and put all your saves on the cloud. When my old launch PS3 died a few months ago, this saved me from losing a lot of data.

At any rate, buying an entirely new PS3 just for a hard drive upgrade is flat out idiotic when there are so many other options.
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji

User Info: renasunflash

renasunflash
4 years ago#14
Seifer_us posted...

If you run the backup utility on the same PS3, just with a new hard drive, you'll still keep all your copy-protected data. It's only with a new system that it won't transfer. I can confirm this because I did it this way when I upgraded my 60GB to 500GB.

Alternatively, you could just buy three months of PS+ and put all your saves on the cloud. When my old launch PS3 died a few months ago, this saved me from losing a lot of data.

At any rate, buying an entirely new PS3 just for a hard drive upgrade is flat out idiotic when there are so many other options.

I can also confirm this. I upgraded my 80GB to a 500GB hdd. The copy protected files will transfer as long as you use the backup utility, and the backup is loaded onto a new hard drive in the SAME system.

It's not wise to buy a whole new PS3 and a hard drive when all you need is the hard drive (and an external drive to backup onto initially).

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
4 years ago#15
RPGsplease posted...
xxnike629xx posted...

....u can just do backup on a external and replace the HD on the ps3 u have now..........why buy a new ps3

You forgot to add "Duh" XD

and yes, this guy is a massive troll. He used to post constantly on the RPG board saying why don't Square remake FF___ for PSP? there was like 10 topics he made over time.
<3BennyBear
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So many PS3 games I need to get!! >_<

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived