This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Were there games you were scared of trying out when you were a kid?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Were there games you were scared of trying out when you were a kid?

User Info: THE_PS1_PATRIOT

THE_PS1_PATRIOT
3 years ago#11
The old Resident Evils. I was fresh off of SNES and seeing this type of brutality as a kid freaked me out.

It was even funnier seeing me try to play this as a kid....OMG zombiez....Door open!!!! Open Now!!!!
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
3 years ago#12
Fatal Frame.

Nowadays I laugh at anyone who actually gets scared of games, mostly because the arent even remotely scary (amnesia)
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...

User Info: kratosdakota3

kratosdakota3
3 years ago#13
Soul Reaver and the Odd world games. Still creepy
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpqwn2IQxA1qi1j4n.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgdiugEkLk1qbxgyvo1_500.gif

User Info: theSFfan_1

theSFfan_1
3 years ago#14
take note that the games don't have to be scary in genre.
PSN:shadowslime
Oh, Hell to the NAH!

User Info: Cojirosean

Cojirosean
3 years ago#15
I think I was about 3 and that bit in Quackshot with the whole Dracula thing scared the hell outta me.
"Only by comparing yourself to others can you define yourself. Thus your ever-present anxiety."

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
3 years ago#16
Silent Hill. I got so scared of the beginning I had it returned. It wasn't a year or so later when I played Resident Evil 3 that I became a survival horror fan.

There was also this Jurassic Park game for the NES and the dinosaur at the beginning always terrified me.
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.

User Info: Ghetto_ninja

Ghetto_ninja
3 years ago#17
Diablo I loved playing it but it was scary I was always uneasy before I went down the well that goddamn butcher was terrifying so early in the game.
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!

User Info: echa_One

echa_One
3 years ago#18
Resident Evil 1 - still scared, lol... maybe trauma
Parasite Eve - fortunately finished years later
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else

User Info: md22mdrx

md22mdrx
3 years ago#19
I was never scared of the content .... even as a little kid. I guess the closest was probably Pathways Into Darkness.

What scared me from "trying out" a game? The old D&D games where you had to create your own floppies to play it ... like 8 of them ... I could never get those games to work at all. Still can't even on emulation. Now THAT scared me .... returned Pool of Radiance when I was a kid. Ended up buying a strange game called Taskmaker instead that I absolutely LOVED and played the heck out of.

User Info: Cloudisthebest

Cloudisthebest
3 years ago#20
Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time- when I went into the graveyard, then underneath I panicked and got scared.
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Were there games you were scared of trying out when you were a kid?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived