This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your favorite video game art style?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What is your favorite video game art style?

User Info: PancakesRock15

PancakesRock15
4 years ago#1
You know, cel-shaded, realistic, etc. If your fave art style is unique, just say "'x' game's art style"

I'll start

Journey's art style. Gorgeous AF.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Red ||||||||||||||| Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Blue.
Can't wait til PS4. PSN:Ultimatepancake

User Info: Shy420

Shy420
4 years ago#2
I'll be honest in saying that I can't pick a favorite. I think the look of the Naruto games is fantastic. I also like The Walking Dead, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Katamari Damacy, Borderlands, Deus Ex, XIII, Thinking about it, art style is probably the last thing I'm thinking about.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.

User Info: PancakesRock15

PancakesRock15
4 years ago#3
Shy420 posted...
I'll be honest in saying that I can't pick a favorite. I think the look of the Naruto games is fantastic. I also like The Walking Dead, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Katamari Damacy, Borderlands, Deus Ex, XIII, Thinking about it, art style is probably the last thing I'm thinking about.

I know, but when you're playing COD or almost anything else with a "realistic"(grey) art style, it just seems so... boring.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Red ||||||||||||||| Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Blue.
Can't wait til PS4. PSN:Ultimatepancake

User Info: Junpei_Stupei

Junpei_Stupei
4 years ago#4
Japanese

I think I bought the wrong console this gen.

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
4 years ago#5
On one hand I like when cel shading looks really good like Valkyria Chronicles, JoJo, Naruto etc

On the other hand I like when photo realism looks really good in terms of animation like Beyond, L.A. Noire etc

What I dont like is half assed generic attempts either direction
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: Paragon-57

Paragon-57
4 years ago#6
I can't really pick a favorite.

I like realistic renditions like Call of Duty and Battlefield, however I also like the art style of the FFXIII trilogy. Borderlands and Valkyria Chronicles (as well as the Naruto titles) have a nice Cel-Shaded look to them that I like as well.

I like the diversity!
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
4 years ago#7
I like Borderlands style. I loved the look of Bioshock, as well. But I also like it when the style just seems to fit the game brilliantly, such as red faction- it's just how you'd imagine Mars to be.

Also the characters in Tales games are cute.
<3BennyBear

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
4 years ago#8
Overall probably realistic, but I really love games that try to be a little different. Okami is one of the best looking games of all time.

User Info: THE_PS1_PATRIOT

THE_PS1_PATRIOT
4 years ago#9
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Japanese

Mainly. But Borderlands, Castle Crashers and Ratchet and Clank stand out. Enjoy the way they look and presented.
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
4 years ago#10
Bekness posted...

Also the characters in Tales games are cute.

What about Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash
(\__/)
(='.'=)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What is your favorite video game art style?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived