This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

to those who played FF13 and 13-2...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. to those who played FF13 and 13-2...

User Info: MetroidHunter13

MetroidHunter13
4 years ago#1
is it REQUIRED to play 13 before 13-2? i just picked up 13-2 the other night on clearance, and wanted to get into it, but i havent finished 13, i always get pulled away whenever i want to start plugging away at it.

would i miss anything story wise if i jumped right into the second installment?
Dreamcast Collection - 31/247
PSN - Disp0sable_13

User Info: Fanservicelover

Fanservicelover
4 years ago#2
Ya, TRY to finish XIII. The ending is important.... very.

User Info: Alky88

Alky88
4 years ago#3
You'll miss references to events that happened in the first one but XIII-2 doesn't really rely on its predecessor that much.
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
4 years ago#4
Save yourself the trouble and dont play either one... unless u really want to.

Final Fantasy Versus (or whatever its called) is supposed to be better

User Info: badboy

badboy
4 years ago#5
The story won't make much sense if you haven't played and finished XIII. XIII-2 does have XIII's story summaries in the form of text that you can access from the game's main screen.

User Info: SgtBass8705

SgtBass8705
4 years ago#6
If you found yourself not wanting to finish 13. I'd say watch the pieces you missed on youtube, and go play 13-2.
PSN: JoshD8705

User Info: HiYa_Bio

HiYa_Bio
4 years ago#7
What I would like to know is do you need to BEAT 13-2 to play 13-3, I've plat'ed 13 and recently picked up 13-2 really cheap but goddamn is the gameplay boring, I'm one of those guys that try to capture every monster I come across and honestly its boring as hell. I would spend 3 or 4 hours in one area and it takes 2 minutes of gameplay and 2 minutes of cutscene to progress to the next story area and its 3 or 4 hours all over again.
"If you want everything you end up with nothing." -Lulu(FFX)

User Info: Sp8cemanSpiff

Sp8cemanSpiff
4 years ago#8
Final Fantasy Versus (or whatever its called) is supposed to be better

Versus is hardly even a thing at this point.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis

User Info: badboy

badboy
4 years ago#9
HiYa_Bio posted...
What I would like to know is do you need to BEAT 13-2 to play 13-3, I've plat'ed 13 and recently picked up 13-2 really cheap but goddamn is the gameplay boring, I'm one of those guys that try to capture every monster I come across and honestly its boring as hell. I would spend 3 or 4 hours in one area and it takes 2 minutes of gameplay and 2 minutes of cutscene to progress to the next story area and its 3 or 4 hours all over again.

LR is a direct sequel to XIII-2. The trailers showed that Noel at least will appear in the game. I don't think it will rely too much on the previous two games' stories though.

User Info: kewldude475

kewldude475
4 years ago#10
You'll miss a few references for sure, and some things like Cocoon and Fal'Cie will be unknown to you. But I completed XIII-2 well before I completed XIII (I only got to chapter 11 before) and I understood XIII-2 just fine.
http://i.imgur.com/ZAQVsCU.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. to those who played FF13 and 13-2...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived