This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to minimize driving in GTA 4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Any way to minimize driving in GTA 4?

User Info: razid

razid
4 years ago#1
it's kind of annoying failing a mission halfway through and having to do the driving portion all over again just to reach the mission start. Is there any way to skip a driving portion if you've already done it?
Even a smile is charity

User Info: TheHateIsStrong

TheHateIsStrong
4 years ago#2
Besides the driving portions being so great, no there isn't a way to skip them. The game either gives you a checkpoint, or it doesn't.
An Opinion.
Not a name. Not a face. Not a friend

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 years ago#3
there is usually a cab just infront of you after you failed the mission, if not go to your phone and restart the mission there.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
4 years ago#4
Take a cab and skip to the destination.

TheHateIsStrong
4 years ago#5
ah, I misread.

Yes, a cab can take you to the beginning of the mission.
An Opinion.

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
4 years ago#6
I haven't played the game in 5 years, but don't you press select to skip a drive if you failed before?
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD

TheHateIsStrong
4 years ago#7
select is viewpoints
An Opinion.
(message deleted)

User Info: este914

este914
4 years ago#9
Eh. It took a while to become accustomed to how the cars handled in GTA4 ... I was MUCH more use to the way things were in the previous 5 GTA games. I thought the driving was much better in the PS2 GTA games.
Even once I got use to it, it remained the only aspect of the game I didn't like.
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
4 years ago#10
Eh. It took a while to become accustomed to how the cars handled in GTA4 ... I was MUCH more use to the way things were in the previous 5 GTA games. I thought the driving was much better in the PS2 GTA games.
Even once I got use to it, it remained the only aspect of the game I didn't like.

I can see why you wouldn't like it on PS3, it was very good on 360.
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Any way to minimize driving in GTA 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived