This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Turns out Dead Island is better than Borderlands.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Turns out Dead Island is better than Borderlands.

User Info: MourningReigns

MourningReigns
4 years ago#31
I actually found Dead Island a ton more fun to play than both Borderlands 1 & 2. Melee combat is much more fun than shooting everything with guns that do exactly the same thing, but try to seem different.

I had to make myself finish BL2 with a friend, but I actually wanted to keep playing Dead Island.

In fact, I actually stopped playing BL2 back in December, and finally finished it 2 days ago...and my friend and I were on the last mission.

Both had very tedious missions though, but BL2 had a lot bigger area of land with nothing in it except for enemies that respawned to just get annoying.
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
4 years ago#32
I fully enjoyed both games, but it really depends on what you prefer....do you prefer shooting, then Borderlands is your game....if you prefer a more melee oriented game, then Dead Island is your game.

I myself favor Dead Island a little bit more, but that's because Borderlands gets just a bit too repetitive. But I enjoy them both...but it depends on what I feel like playing. Sometimes I just want to shoot some stuff...other times I want to kill some zombies in a totally gruesome yet satisfying way.

In Borderlands you pretty much just shoot everything.
But in Dead Island, you can sever limbs by using a sharp weapon (machete, sword, axe, etc)...or you can break bones by using a blunt weapon (hammer, pipe, bat, etc)....or you can set them all on fire with a moltov, or explode them with grenades.
So the combat just feels a bit more satisfying in Dead Island.
But like i said, it just depends on what I feel like playing.

^ But that's just my opinion.
Both are very good games...although Dead Island gets a lot of undeserved hate, imho.

User Info: Irony

Irony
4 years ago#33
NEVER SHOULDA COME HERE!!
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg

User Info: smurphyzeke

smurphyzeke
4 years ago#34
Have yet to play Borderlands, though I loved Dead Island, beat it in 27 hours over 5 days.
Mario Kart Wii FC: smurphyzeke 0517-0905-4905

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
4 years ago#35
Still__Rippin posted...
Both were fantastic but l preferred Borderlands because of the loot system. Which is also why Borderlands 2 is trash.

What did they change about the loot system in Borderlands 2?

The only thing they really changed was make the weapons somewhat more varied.

I suppose that's why some don't like it. It's much harder to find that PERFECT gun you want. You constantly have to make a trade off in some area vs. another.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Hey whassup, it's ya boy Cowboy, AKA Too Young...to be havin' diabetes.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Turns out Dead Island is better than Borderlands.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived