This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to back up data on PS+ on a second profile on the PS3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Trying to back up data on PS+ on a second profile on the PS3

User Info: indie_animator

indie_animator
3 years ago#1
I'm relieved to have the data on the games I went back through post-YLOD saved on PS+.

Except a bit on a second profile. It won't let me currently. Strange because it is the same PS3. The other profile is my name, while the main one is my brother's.

I searched topics & might have a solution: create a new PSN ID using the second profile.

Some games like Scott Pilgrim require a second profile to play 2-player offline.

Figured I'd see how anyone else has dealt w/this. Thanks!
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)

indie_animator
3 years ago#2
I don't usually bump a topic, but due to wanting to pull this off this weekend, I will.

I can easily see why the topic didn't get a response due to the title not being interesting or "fun" as many. Yeah, this is just a technical issue. Gracias.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
3 years ago#3
Misunderstood, didn't notice you were talking PS+.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
3 years ago#4
indie_animator posted...
I'm relieved to have the data on the games I went back through post-YLOD saved on PS+.

Except a bit on a second profile. It won't let me currently. Strange because it is the same PS3. The other profile is my name, while the main one is my brother's.

I searched topics & might have a solution: create a new PSN ID using the second profile.

Some games like Scott Pilgrim require a second profile to play 2-player offline.

Figured I'd see how anyone else has dealt w/this. Thanks!

This makes no sense. Are you talking about a sub account you had on the same PS3? Because you know the cloud saving feature only works on the Master account, it does not work on sub accounts.
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

User Info: blitz-boy11

blitz-boy11
3 years ago#5
Only the account that has PS+ can back up their save data to the cloud
PSN: Hiroshima711

indie_animator
3 years ago#6
Thanks for the replies. Guess I just won't back up what's on the sub account since there's no way to copy data to the main one.

Have a good weekend.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Trying to back up data on PS+ on a second profile on the PS3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived