This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Better story-based game series: MGS or Yakuza?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Better story-based game series: MGS or Yakuza?

User Info: Mutant1988

Mutant1988
3 years ago#11
Yakuza.

Simply because the plot of those games are set in motion by characters with actual motivations rather than being caused by a secret conspiracy's attempt to control the world.
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.

User Info: pb409

pb409
3 years ago#12
I'm a huge MGS fan but I gotta go with Yakuza on this. MGS has become so convoluted in the story with some parts just plain ridiculous that I no longer find the story to be of any consequence (still awesome gameplay though). Yakuza, however, has had good story in every single installment. I just wish Y5 would get localized here cause I heard 5 has the best story out of the series.

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
3 years ago#13
Yakuza. MGS series has good story overall, but the process to reach there can be quite dire with the long cutscenes and very imaginative things. When I play through it, I have to take breaks to digest the information and just have a break from it. For Yakuza, the overall story is not as amazing as MGS', but I always played to look forward to what will happen next. There are many moments when I felt moved from the main story as well as side quests.

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
3 years ago#14
yakuza. it has no nano machines. i think part 4 of mgs f***ed up the story entirely with this nano machine bull****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8FtBf6VAWM
Heavy Rain X Yakuza Black Panther 2

User Info: ISquat600lbs

ISquat600lbs
3 years ago#15
I rate MGS 1-4 highly but Peace Walker was average and Rising has a garbage story. Yakuza 1-4 had really good stories but can't comment on the rest as I never played Dead Souls because everyone said it sucked and the rest never made it out of Japan.

I'm going with MGS, but Yakuza 5 could well be much better than MGS V if they make that one with a story on Peace Walker's level.
Most of the time I'm riding bicycles and on a lot of Colombian marching powder and coffee, forgive me if I act like an #%$hole. Or not, IDC.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Better story-based game series: MGS or Yakuza?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived