This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Biggest jump in quality from first game in series to the second?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Biggest jump in quality from first game in series to the second?

User Info: retep_one

retep_one
3 years ago#101
for me ME 1 to ME 2. and Uncharted 1 to 2
PSN: Spectre0415
spectre status recognized......

User Info: GreatTroySensei

GreatTroySensei
3 years ago#102
Good? SF to SF2.
Bad? DMC to DMC2.

Go Capcom?
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.

User Info: GreatTroySensei

GreatTroySensei
3 years ago#103
Good? SF to SF2.
Bad? DMC to DMC2.

Go Capcom?
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.

User Info: Henryjksl

Henryjksl
3 years ago#104
Megaman legends 2 is a huge leap from the first. The controls alone make enough improvement.

Also, it seems like this could be a pretty sweet top 10 list
(message deleted)

User Info: Kolanifv

Kolanifv
3 years ago#106
bigtiggie23 posted...
Def Jam Vendetta to Def Jam Fight for NY

Vendetta was pretty much a wrestling game with rappers. FfNY was a much deeper fighting game with numerous fighting styles, customization, a good story.

And then back down with Def Jam Icon.

User Info: TheCuddlyKnife

TheCuddlyKnife
3 years ago#107
call of duty 3 to call of duty 4 - redefined and set the standard for all future fps.

scribblenauts to super scribblenauts

far cry 2 to far cry 3

me 1 to me 2
umopapisdnpuaq

User Info: Chr0noid

Chr0noid
3 years ago#108
You have got to be kidding me. Killzone 2 was a generic regenerating health dudebro shooter.

In Killzone 1 you had multiple characters with different personalities and guns/gameplay styles with interesting character interaction to boot. They basically robbed everything unique about Killzone 1 in order to go after the Call of Duty crowd.
To Rosa-You are young and I am older; you are hopeful, I am not-Enjoy life ere it grows colder-Pluck the roses ere they rot. -Abe Lincoln

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
3 years ago#109
Dynasty Warriors PS1 to DW 2 PS2

Starting with a fighting game and then making a sequel into a hack and slash game!! BIG Jump!

Aye. I actually remember playing the first Dynasty Warriors game. It was pretty fun. Then they came out with the second and I was like, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?"

Oh well. I still like those kinds of games.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
3 years ago#110
hrj posted...
AssaultMonkey9 posted...
For me, Killzone 1 was a pretty weak shooter, but K2 just blew my mind with how polished and impressive it was.

Uncharted 1 to 2 was also a big jump.

I agree with both of those.
IŽll also add Assassins Creed to the list. The second game was so much more polished than the first.

nope don't agree. Killzone 1 was a good looking game
(\__/)
(='.'=)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Biggest jump in quality from first game in series to the second?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived