This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last of Us had linearity, everyone loves it, FFXIII on the other hand...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The Last of Us had linearity, everyone loves it, FFXIII on the other hand...

User Info: Bissomoneybags

Bissomoneybags
4 years ago#1
C'mon people! The story was great, voice acting, presentation, graphics, all awesome. But why has no one mentioned the linearity of this game? It literally has no exploration besides unlocking a few hidden doors with shivs. Am I missing something here? But when FFXIII is a game by Enix, everyone bashes it considerably. What gives?

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
4 years ago#2
TLoU is not even close to the same level of linearity. And FFXIII is nearly thrice as long.
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646

User Info: spacejamjordanz

spacejamjordanz
4 years ago#3
RPGs aren't supposed to be so damn linear.
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II> PSN/XBL: Roivas2K7

User Info: dacekid

dacekid
4 years ago#4
Press X to win. Here is a map for FF13

User Info: DarkFists

DarkFists
4 years ago#5
spacejamjordanz posted...
RPGs aren't supposed to be so damn linear.

This...and I actually liked 13 a bit...not my favorite by any means, but not the worst
PSN=Gelthidor

User Info: BlueSkies7776

BlueSkies7776
4 years ago#6
Linearity is not a bad thing if the game is good. I'm not saying FFXIII is bad but I just didn't like the gameplay.
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)

User Info: SpoonSports

SpoonSports
4 years ago#7
Great graphics, great characters, but the story felt lackluster. The battle system was something else as they had a good idea but turned into something unexpected. I like the ideas of the monster roaming around but hated that I was only able to control one character through battle. Plus I would think they learn a thing or two from the KH series battle system.
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I have ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks

User Info: Dicer7

Dicer7
4 years ago#8
If a game is going to be linear it better have a plot and characters I give a damn about or gameplay that is good. FFXIII has neither imo.

Really, TLoU just uses linearity to its advantage and creates a really strong bond with its narrative. FFXIII tried that but it never had a story worth focusing on to begin with so it just falls flat.

User Info: Alky88

Alky88
4 years ago#9
No exploration besides a few hidden doors? Have you even played the game?
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"

User Info: true_gamer80

true_gamer80
4 years ago#10
Its not just FF....this is a very common complaint with so many whiners and haters around here lol.....games that were even more "open" thn TLOU have been bashed for being linear......along comes a super popular AAA linear game thats done really well in reviews and all the sudden all those l"linear sucks" complaints are all but gone all of a sudden.....its hilarious lol.....you gotta love GF....whoever cant see this is blind or a part of the nonsense....
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The Last of Us had linearity, everyone loves it, FFXIII on the other hand...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived