This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just because a people like something and you don't doesn't make it overrated...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just because a people like something and you don't doesn't make it overrated...

User Info: okamhunite

okamhunite
4 years ago#1
The term overrated is used a bit too much IMO, I feel it shouldn't exist. I like plenty of popular games and also dislike quite a few as well. Example, I played The Last of Us recently and am willing to call it my favorite game of all time yet people tell me I have bad taste because of the save game glitch ruined the whole thing for them or because they just couldn't have fun, I understand the save game glitch but there are ways around it. Anyways, my taste is my own and get over it, I hate Bioshock Infinite because I think the story is overly dramatic and fails to make a proper point. Even with this though I will not call the game overrated because I can understand why people would like it, it has well written dialogue and it is obvious they gave an effort in to making it.

Here is another example, I can't get into the Uncharted series or most of the Zelda games. I hate Uncharted because I don't want to play as a character who I see as a sociopath, not to mention a lot of the stuff that happens in that game just doesn't make sense or I think is stupid... but it is very very fun. The only Zelda game that I do actually really like is Twilight Princess, most of the rest just bored me but I believe they are still good games. Now in terms of games I love, they are, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus and Journey. I hear a lot of people call these games overrated because tons of other people buy and love them... I fail yo see how they are "Overrated" can you just admit you don't like a game instead of saying the entirety of people that do just have bad taste?
3DS FC: 1349-4659-2669 "Playing AC New Leaf"
3DS Name: Jun C.

User Info: servb0ts

servb0ts
4 years ago#2
lot of words are being overused.

overrated, weeaboo, emo, pedo, pew-pew, u mad?, fanboy, troll, deal with it....ect ect. lol.
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
4 years ago#3
Welcome to Gamefaqs: There're alots of love and hate.
My life is Disgaea.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just because a people like something and you don't doesn't make it overrated...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived