This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People need to stop tossing around "interactive movie" like it means anything.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. People need to stop tossing around "interactive movie" like it means anything.

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
4 years ago#1
Seriously, because a game has a story doesn't make it any less of a game.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.

User Info: DotsAndLines

DotsAndLines
4 years ago#2
It's not the presence of a story. It's the lack of GOOD gameplay that causes people to call it an interactive movie.
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.

User Info: CyborgTwenty

CyborgTwenty
4 years ago#3
DotsAndLines posted...
It's not the presence of a story. It's the lack of GOOD gameplay that causes people to call it an interactive movie.

Call of Duty games must be the number 1 interactive movies then.

User Info: jameswann64

jameswann64
4 years ago#4
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

LMAO
Currently playing: NBA 2k13(PS3) PS all stars (PS3) Simpsons: TO (IP)

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
4 years ago#5
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Call of Duty has story?
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.

User Info: DotsAndLines

DotsAndLines
4 years ago#6
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

The thing is, CoD has NEITHER good gameplay nor a good story. So it's not an interactive movie, just an interactive lowest common denominator entertainment.
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
4 years ago#7
SegavsCapcom posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Call of Duty has story?

it has in single play and most of the people that use the term "interactive movies" are just trolls and butthurts
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
4 years ago#8
SegavsCapcom posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Call of Duty has story?

Believe it or not it does.
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)

User Info: Lamace

Lamace
4 years ago#9
The way I view the term "Interactive movie" is one of two ways.

1 - The game is so cinematic it feels like you are playing a movie. Like Shadow of the Colossus was very cinematic, and felt much like a huge budget epic from Hollywood or China.

2 - It literally is a movie given interactive elements. Games like Mad Dog McCree, or Who Shot Johnny Rock?, or Night Trap.

User Info: bigslim816

bigslim816
4 years ago#10
People need to stop tossing around troll or defend topics about it. Board has been a mess for 2-3 days now.
You wanna play blind man, go walk with the shepherd, but me, my eyes are wide f'n open.
@#&! a fanboy!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. People need to stop tossing around "interactive movie" like it means anything.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived