This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trophies - One of the worst things this gen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Trophies - One of the worst things this gen

User Info: Masahiro_Fuji

Masahiro_Fuji
4 years ago#41
Didn't they add an option to turn trophy notifications off? Well, that really isn't the point I guess, but trophies aren't bad if they are implemented properly, which means I don't want to be forced to win 100 online matches to get a simple bronze trophy. That is not doing it right.

Also, hidden trophies are B.S. as well.

User Info: Thor61

Thor61
4 years ago#42
I've never replayed games for trophies or forced myself to finish a game for a trophy. They'll all become irrelevant by the time the PS4 comes out anyway.

User Info: ElBorak77

ElBorak77
4 years ago#43
trophies rule.
www.xboxshun.com

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 years ago#44
It's really astounding how much hate some people have for something they can just simply ignore if they aren't interested.

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
4 years ago#45
But I'm starting to think differently about them for next gen perhaps. I just made $3.50 off Trading Cards during the Steam Sale last week. That was $3.50 for nothing, digital cards that only exist because I purchased and played a game which I was going to do anyways. When we can start selling trophies to desperate rich kids I'm gonna be a millionaire!

User Info: zzamaro

zzamaro
4 years ago#46
Even with being able to turn them off, people still complain.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
4 years ago#47
Anything you guys say is the "worst" when it comes to video games can be IGNORED if you don't like it.

Video games are a luxury.
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif

User Info: LeadPipeCinche

LeadPipeCinche
4 years ago#48
kel25 posted...

Best of all trophies are a record of the things you've done. I would have loved this when I was a little kid when I told my friends I beat a notoriously hard game and they didn't believe me. Now I have proof of it.

BINGO...this guy gets it.
that's a answer right out of the 70s / 80s when youd be at school and you and your friends would be talking bout what they did game wise.
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Trophies - One of the worst things this gen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived