This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the ZOE series really THAT good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is the ZOE series really THAT good?

User Info: SonicNash

SonicNash
3 years ago#1
I am thinking of buying the ZOE HD Collection but I have no knowledge on the series beside robot fighting and its made by Kojima.

Now its has the patch that fix the 2nd game. I remember people praising the series back in the PS2 time but I don't think the games were THAT popular, more like a cult following. Not sure if they sodl well back then.

I couldn't find a PS2 copy anywhere but its was probably too late when I tried.

User Info: merqabah

merqabah
3 years ago#2
the gba one had an amazing story, dont know if it was writen by thne same guys, im actually buying zoe hd this week

User Info: Irony

Irony
3 years ago#3
It was never popular and it does have a cult following them
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg

User Info: Kage_AM2

Kage_AM2
3 years ago#4
It's alright. It has very good presentation like MGS and great music. The gameplay is solid but the story is not that impressive.

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
3 years ago#5
It's a well made series. 2 is a lot better than 1. It's not that great though.

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
3 years ago#6
It's pretty awesome. There is a certain battle in ZOE2 which is just f***ing fantastic, I'm still amazed they managed to get something like that on a PS2.
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: Mass_Carrier

Mass_Carrier
3 years ago#7
The simple answer is no.

They're not bad, and it would be nice to see what a PS3 sequel would look like, but they're not nearly as amazing they're sometimes cracked up to be. I'm still sour over finishing ZoE2 in a single afternoon. That might be a common thing today, but it sure as hell wasn't 10 years ago.
Probably not changing this sig until Sega announces a western release of Yakuza 5 - May 30 2013
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
3 years ago#8
yes ZoE 2 is one of the best action games on PS2.
---

User Info: Hunter1534

Hunter1534
3 years ago#9
Mass_Carrier posted...
The simple answer is no.

They're not bad, and it would be nice to see what a PS3 sequel would look like, but they're not nearly as amazing they're sometimes cracked up to be. I'm still sour over finishing ZoE2 in a single afternoon. That might be a common thing today, but it sure as hell wasn't 10 years ago.

Bot
I'm glad DmC was a massive flop. Don't support devs who insult their fanbase and butcher an entire series.

User Info: Mass_Carrier

Mass_Carrier
3 years ago#10
Excuse you?
Probably not changing this sig until Sega announces a western release of Yakuza 5 - May 30 2013
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is the ZOE series really THAT good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived