This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I went back to MGS1 on the ole' PS1.....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So I went back to MGS1 on the ole' PS1.....

User Info: SmoshCuch

SmoshCuch
4 years ago#81
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
SmoshCuch posted...
evil_cricket posted...
If I want to walk left, I don't want to rotate my character left, then walk forward. Just let me move the direction I pressed.

Those are generally known as 'tank controls', and I agree, they are awful. And it has nothing to do with aging (because games don't age); they were always awful.

If they were awful, they wouldn't have turned into multi million dollar franchises.

To clarify, I never meant that the games were awful, only the tank controls. The games themselves were great, in spite of some terrible controls, and deserved the success they earned.

User Info: LionheartCJ

LionheartCJ
4 years ago#82
Bob the Almighty posted...
LionheartCJ posted...
It's not the graphics for me (I have 16 PS1 classics on my PS3, some probably look worse than MGS), it's the gameplay and the controls. I'm so used to playing the silky smooth MGS2

Eh to be fair both MGS 2 and 3 have crappy controls by today's standards. It's too bad they didn't update/modernize the controls for the HD Collection.

I like MGS2's controls, I never had a problem with the pressure sensitive buttons.....only problem i had was the standing from a kneeling position (the amount of times i'd be trying to get away from people and i would just end up crawling lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c - Oh Don Piaaaaaano

User Info: Ryan Si

Ryan Si
4 years ago#83
Impaired Medic posted...
No, not in the slightest.
Consoles: NES, Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So I went back to MGS1 on the ole' PS1.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived