The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is tomb raiders tradein value so f***in little?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. why is tomb raiders tradein value so f***in little?

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
3 years ago#1
$12 store credit at gamestop, wow, talk about f***in stupid. i tried askin another store first (cause i know gs would be so little), but they said i need to bring it in for them to see so they can appraise it... yeah...really... where can i trade in this game an get more then f***in food for a meal?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itC4C_T-Zrc
psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
3 years ago#2
Even through Amazon they are only offering up to $13. It's low because game prices on most titles fall so fast and you can get the game new for $30 (probably even less if you look around).

If you want more value your options are Craigslist/EBay/sell to someone you know. Trade in value will be lower than what you might be able to outright sell it for.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: Still__Rippin

Still__Rippin
3 years ago#3
Because its old and $25 brand new maybe?
There's nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing left to lose

User Info: Gralla_ABO

Gralla_ABO
3 years ago#4
I would consider a $12 trade-in on a $25 brand new game a pretty good deal.
And I will rejoice in your fall from grace with a cane to the sky like, "none shall pass."

User Info: AncestralZero

AncestralZero
3 years ago#5
Still__Rippin posted...

It's been out a little over 5 months, which really isn't old, and its 40 brand new atm.
FC 5071 3611 7324 Mickey
CLONING/RC'ing------2580 4177 3237 http://tinyurl.com/AncestralZero ----shiny's and events.

User Info: L0rdCrump

L0rdCrump
3 years ago#6
I sold God of War Ascension to Gamestop for $18.50 towards Splinter Cell, I'm so glad I got that much.
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
3 years ago#7
$12 is actually more than I would have guessed.

The game is dirt cheap everywhere now.
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Playing: The Last Of Us

User Info: KneeSIappington

KneeSIappington
3 years ago#8
gamestop

There's your answer.
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
3 years ago#9
lol
\V/ e n u s i a n Empowerment!
http://i.imgur.com/lLp95sF.jpg http://i.imgur.com/YSLUWsX.jpg

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
3 years ago#10
AncestralZero posted...
Still__Rippin posted...

It's been out a little over 5 months, which really isn't old, and its 40 brand new atm.

Online prices/sales make MSRP pretty much a non factor. You can snag it off amazon without even looking hard for $30 or less. Newegg was selling it for $20 new until they ran out of stock. I wouldn't doubt countless Walmarts/Targets and such across the nation at various places are selling it for $20 new. Best buy just had it for $20 new last week.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. why is tomb raiders tradein value so f***in little?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived