This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I bought a PS3 yesterday.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So I bought a PS3 yesterday.

User Info: khardbored

khardbored
3 years ago#1
Little background info...

I haven't touched a PS since the PS2 launch. Nor have I ever even held, let alone played, anything related to PS3. I have been a loyal Xbox fan since the original launch of the system. I had a collection of 360 games just north of 100 titles, plus about 20 downloaded titles.

I ended up coming across a second 360 yesterday morning for $140. Brand new 250G unit. So I got to thinking about all the PS3 exclusives I have wanted to try over the years and so I asked my wife to call GS and see what their trade-in policy was. Well, they said they do system-for-system trades and to bring it in. So a few hours later I ended up trading the xbox and 48 games for 502 in-store credit due to getting 50% extra on various things. I have the receipt for any doubters out there.

So anyway, I pick up the Drakes 3 edition PS3 as well as copies of The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, MGS4, GoW 3/Ascension, Killzone 2/3, all the Resistance titles and The Darkness 2 (Love the series). Which came to about 400 something or other. Not a bad haul. Plus a free years worth of their magazine (which I loved). So I am pretty pumped at this point but having never even seen a PS3 in action, didn't really know what to expect.

So I get it home and hook it up. A years worth of PS+ for free? No CC required? Wow. Free games too? At this point (while browsing through the PS3s "dashboard") I am really starting to fall in love with the system I so carefully avoided over the years. After doing a system update, setting up my account and updating The Last of Us...I was hooked. I fear my 360 will sit untouched for, well, maybe eternity.

The visual style of the PS3 games I played last night (HR, Last of Us, GoW 3) was somehow different and better than what I had expected. Navigating the game menus and the dashboard was so new and refreshing that the entire time the PS3 was on I kept going on and on to my wife how utterly stoked I was.

Granted, I still will be getting the One come launch. But the PS3 has thoroughly won me over and given the availability of money I can see my entertainment center proudly housing both next-gen consoles.
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.

User Info: este914

este914
3 years ago#2
ok
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!

User Info: ImMrMojoRisin

ImMrMojoRisin
3 years ago#3
/BlogFAQs

User Info: Ownzer666

Ownzer666
3 years ago#4
Cool.
PSN: HAZ_NO_GEAMZ

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
3 years ago#5
cool but dumb since next gen ps4 is out in 2 months but whatever

ImMrMojoRisin
3 years ago#6
shads3055 posted...
cool but dumb since next gen ps4 is out in 2 months but whatever

Why dumb? When PS4 comes out he will be able to get PS3 stuff for even cheaper!

khardbored
3 years ago#7
It's dumb to want to play games I won't be able to play next gen?
Um...sure?
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.

ImMrMojoRisin
3 years ago#8
khardbored posted...
It's dumb to want to play games I won't be able to play next gen?
Um...sure?

Don't worry, you made a great purchase. I recently got a PS3 as well, although I had owned one in the before times.

khardbored
3 years ago#9
And this is something I would never have done a month ago. The stigma (in my mind) that has attached itself to those PS3 fans on the One board had really turned me off to all things PS3. I am really glad that I didn't judge a system based off of a handful of, well, strangers on the interwebs.

ImMrMojoRisin
3 years ago#10
khardbored posted...
And this is something I would never have done a month ago. The stigma (in my mind) that has attached itself to those PS3 fans on the One board had really turned me off to all things PS3. I am really glad that I didn't judge a system based off of a handful of, well, strangers on the interwebs.

I've been involved on both communities, and there are douchebags on both "sides".
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So I bought a PS3 yesterday.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived