This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game has a minor ring scratch around outer edge and won't play, game or system?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Game has a minor ring scratch around outer edge and won't play, game or system?

User Info: okamhunite

okamhunite
4 years ago#1
So I had the same thing happen to a copy of Dead Space 2 awhile back and when I bought it, it had a minor ring scratch around the outer edge and when I got to one point in the story it just would not at all load. I bought a new copy of the game and it ended up working fine with the new copy. Just recently my PS3 put a small ring scratch around the outer edge of my copy of The Last of Us, it will play up until a point and then will not load at all, now I would be less concerned if it wasn't for the fact that my PS3 is what did it.

I was checking the AV cables while it was on and I picked it up, someone told me they moved theirs when it was on and it made weird noises but then it stopped and that moving your PS3 with a game inside was bad. I had also brought it to a friends house that day and there may have been a game inside it, I don't remember. The game won't load when it reaches a certain cut scene just like in Dead Space 2, I am wondering if re buying the game without any scratches will help? It was making a strange noise for a little while but seems to have stopped, I have tested a few other games and they seem to run fine, I have a regular PS3 Slim. Should I replace the game or should I be more worried...?
3DS FC: 1349-4659-2669 "Playing AC New Leaf"
3DS Name: Jun C.

User Info: docman864

docman864
4 years ago#2
didn't you already create a topic addressing this issue, but it was your Last of Us copy and now Dead Space?
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.

User Info: POOKISTAN

POOKISTAN
4 years ago#3
Ring scratch, if it's a perfect circle, often indicates the lazer bumped into the CD while it was running. Hopefully it doesn't happen again but who knows...

User Info: Dash_Dash88

Dash_Dash88
4 years ago#4
docman864 posted...
didn't you already create a topic addressing this issue, but it was your Last of Us copy and now Dead Space?

This is the 3rd topic i have seen from this guy.
If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention.
Psn I.D Dasha_UK Xbl GT Dasha UK
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Game has a minor ring scratch around outer edge and won't play, game or system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived