This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 for 19.99 or FC compilation for 40?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Far Cry 3 for 19.99 or FC compilation for 40?

User Info: handsz

handsz
3 years ago#1
I need a new game to play and was interested in this mainly because I'm a fan of open world games. I already played Blood Dragon which I enjoyed very much but never played 3. I know there is a Far Cry compilation but it's 40 and I already got Blood Dragon so basically I would be getting FC 2 + 3 for that price. I didn't hear a lot of good things about the 2nd game so I'm leaning towards the first option.

User Info: este914

este914
3 years ago#2
I think if you are in the EU you get Far Cry 1 with the compilation as well.
~-> este914 <-~
Mind Over Matter.

handsz
3 years ago#3
este914 posted...
I think if you are in the EU you get Far Cry 1 with the compilation as well.

That would be nice unfortunately I'm in US and it comes with 2, 3 and BD.

User Info: digressive

digressive
3 years ago#4
I loved FC3, but I haven't been able to get into FC2. I keep trying, but it hasn't grabbed me yet.

User Info: IngExBein

IngExBein
3 years ago#5
Just get Blood Dragon. Infinitely more fun than either of those options.

handsz
3 years ago#6
IngExBein posted...

I already played and own a digital copy of BD, but I heard FC 3 was pretty good too so I wanted to give it a shot.

User Info: IngExBein

IngExBein
3 years ago#7
handsz posted...
IngExBein posted...

I already played and own a digital copy of BD, but I heard FC 3 was pretty good too so I wanted to give it a shot.

Fair enough!

3 isn't half bad.

handsz
3 years ago#8
IngExBein posted...
handsz posted...
IngExBein posted...

Fair enough!

3 isn't half bad.

Guess I'm gonna go with FC3 for 20. 2 doesn't seem interesting to me and that would be putting down another 20 for the compilation. Thanks

User Info: RobotPirteGhost

RobotPirteGhost
3 years ago#9
If you already played Blood Dragon, just get 3.

Though the Blood Dragon that comes with the Compilation is a download code, so you could sell the code if you really wanted to. Not sure if FC2 is worth the extra trouble though.
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)

User Info: The_Hyper

The_Hyper
3 years ago#10
I'm in the position where I already have BD. I could get the Compilation for 40€, or separate physical copies of 2 and 3 for 15€ each and a digital copy of 1 for 10€ (digital anyway), so the same price overall. I guess I could sell the download code for BD from the compilation, but then again, I like having separate copies for my games.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how much I'd like the games. I loved BD, but that's mostly because I liked its sense of humor and I'm a big fan of the movies it parodied. If I bought everything separately, I could try them off one at a time to see if I'd like the series.
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Far Cry 3 for 19.99 or FC compilation for 40?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived