This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do PS One Classics look on PS3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How do PS One Classics look on PS3?

User Info: HylianKnight1

HylianKnight1
3 months ago#1
Do they have a clean pixelated look to them? Or do they look blurry?
Beep boop son, beep boop.

HylianKnight1
3 months ago#2
bump

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
3 months ago#3
They look like PS1 games with a slightly sharper picture on my 55" 1080p tv.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 months ago#4
It's not about how they look in PS3. It's more about how they look in your TV. All PS1 games I've played in my PS3 (worth mentioning all were DISC versions) look the same they did back then in PS1 era.

What makes them look worse is the TV, since those games were not designed to be played in huge HD screens
Insert funny / cool / original / meaningful quote here.

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
3 months ago#5
Beautiful. I never noticed any problems.
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
3 months ago#6
they look great and sharp. they are only slightly blurry to some if you turn on smoothing type option.

even playing them in widescreen 16:9 mode is great and nicely fills the screen, and 4:3 option is there too if you want original display ratio.

HylianKnight1
3 months ago#7
Got it, thank you guys for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

User Info: danscloud9

danscloud9
3 months ago#8
If you play a lot of them and PS2 classics, it's totally worth buying an old standard def TV.

User Info: Iroquois2688

Iroquois2688
3 months ago#9
rafamaximo posted...
It's not about how they look in PS3. It's more about how they look in your TV. All PS1 games I've played in my PS3 (worth mentioning all were DISC versions) look the same they did back then in PS1 era.

What makes them look worse is the TV, since those games were not designed to be played in huge HD screens

This. These old games weren't designed to display on a HDTV, thus at the end of the day they won't look nearly as good as they did on a CRT. I would say if you don't have much options, just enjoy them for what they are and don't worry too much about it, TC.

If you want superb picture without resorting to emulation, you'll have to hook up an old CRT or for a HDTV, get a competent upscaler like the Framemeister, but that's expensive.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iroquois2688

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
3 months ago#10
They look about as good as ancient games can look on modern TVs.
I prefer ps1 games on Vita because it kinda hides the flaws better. On a big tv on ps3 the jaggies are crazy.
My top 10 PS4 games = FFX HD, The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, The Order 1886, Until Dawn, Journey.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How do PS One Classics look on PS3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived