This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Helldivers: A Few Questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Helldivers: A Few Questions

User Info: darkoj

darkoj
3 months ago#1
I missed my opportunity to purchase Helldivers Super Earth Edition from the past flash sale due to PSN putting a hold on my card, per the Sony rep I spoke with. I figured I didn't need to make the purchase anyways as I ought not add to my growing backlog, so I didn't make a deal about it. Well, Helldivers Democracy Strikes Back Edition is on sale now, and with a lower price tag than the Ultimate Earth Edition ($8 vs $17), it's easier for me to justify the purchase.

It seems the biggest difference between the 2 editions is that the Ultimate Earth Edition has 11 DLC packs, and a bonus weapons pack and the Democracy Strikes Back Edition does not, but both have all the expansions. Are the DLC packs simply new types of characters that you can play as? And if so, are they vital to to fully enjoying the game, either online or couch co-op (as in, are the base characters dull, or can you not succeed in the game without the abilities of the DLC character classes)?

How active is the online multiplayer for this game? Is cross play between platforms still possible?Can the game be solo'd? If so, are the DLC character classes required to do so? Do the DLC characters ever go on sale? Do you recommend the game, either for solo, couch co-op, or online play?

I'm sure there are other questions I'm forgetting to ask, but having the answers to those will likely be enough for me to go ahead and make the purchase. Thanks.
PSN: darkoj-
Destiny is my mental stimulant, Dark Souls is my narcotic for a dark soul.

User Info: darkoj

darkoj
3 months ago#2
Anyone?
PSN: darkoj-
Destiny is my mental stimulant, Dark Souls is my narcotic for a dark soul.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Helldivers: A Few Questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived