This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are rogue galaxy, Ni no kuni games or dark cloud 2 games related?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are rogue galaxy, Ni no kuni games or dark cloud 2 games related?

User Info: Rawe

Rawe
2 months ago#1
Are they set in the same universe? Not just worlds. I realize 2 of these are games on ps2.
PS4 - PS3 - PS Vita - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
2 months ago#2
Same developers, but I do not think they are related. Only played Rogue Galaxy. But I do not believe there were any Dark Cloud references.
I was summoned to the future by the last of mankind, to defend them in their hour of need. But my old enemy, Skeletor, followed me.... 3DS FC: 5155-3151-4613

User Info: Rawe

Rawe
2 months ago#3
Thanks!
PS4 - PS3 - PS Vita - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
2 months ago#4
As WiiareVenom said, they are just developed by Level 5 developer. Stories are very afar from each other
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: Orbo99

Orbo99
2 months ago#5
The only references I can remember between Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy are a few weapon names in Rogue Galaxy.
http://www.gamesatdusk.com

User Info: Haoie

Haoie
2 months ago#6
Don't forget Dragon Quest VIII! [best of the lot IMO]
PlayStation enthusiast/collector, from PS1 to PS3!

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
2 months ago#7
I remember back then I would usually watch a friend play Rogue Galaxy. He loved that game, but I really couldn't take it because of the freaking humanoid dogs. I dunno why, but I simply could not play that game for as much as I tried, because of the doggie folks. Don't ask me why, but those humanoid dogs crossed a line for me. I hate those humanoid animals in games, to the extent that I almost could not play Elder Scrolls games because of Argonians and Khajiits (only did that because they play a very minor role in those).

But Dark Cloud 2... ahhhh, that was a masterpiece. Had A TRUCKLOAD of fun with that one, so many good thing to do... Fishing, then breeding those little fishes, than using them in races. Spheda, taking pictures for scoops used to inventing things... The city building in the past to affect the future... those were very good times.

But the only PS3 games coming from Level 5 that I remember besides Ni No Kuni are the White Knight Chronicles ones... is there any other I am missing?
Insert funny / cool / original / meaningful quote here.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are rogue galaxy, Ni no kuni games or dark cloud 2 games related?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived