This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Dead Space 3's Hardcore mode...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Question about Dead Space 3's Hardcore mode...

User Info: Draco_2

Draco_2
4 months ago#1
First of all, just so it's out there, I have not played Dead Space 3 yet. I've played 1, 2 and Extraction, but not 3. Also haven't played DS2's Hardcore yet (only played it normally so far), but never mind that now...this question is about 3.

Unlike DS2's Hardcore, you can save as much as you like...but if you die, it'll erase your save file.

My question is...does it erase all your DS3 save files, or just the one you're currently using? Or does it erase any of the save files you accessed during your Hardore run? Because right now my plan is to simply create multiple save files, basically saving twice at each save point...but after reading through some topics on the DS3 board, I'm getting the implication that won't work. Mainly because no one else mentioned it...it seems pretty obvious, so if it were possible, you'd think someone else would consider it...

...of course, if DS3 doesn't allow multiple save files, then that kind of answers my question...
Twi-hard and proud. I don't give a ****.

User Info: este914

este914
4 months ago#2
If you die it will actually erase your save file from the hard drive? That is pretty hardcore!
--
-

User Info: Godzilla_82

Godzilla_82
4 months ago#3
Back up your save file. That will get passed that. As for erasing all your hardcore files I'm not sure. I only had one and I always backed it up so I can just download it to my PS3 when I would die.
Look at those Monsters!!!-Rebecca Chambers, RE1

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
4 months ago#4
este914 posted...
If you die it will actually erase your save file from the hard drive? That is pretty hardcore!

What's the point of being able to save if it deletes the save(s) when you die? If your death in the game is supposed to be 'permanent' (i.e. so that you can't continue, and must restart the game from scratch) then why be able to save at all, as you'll never be able to load the save game.

And if you do want to load a save game, then surely you shouldn't be playing a "death is permanent" game mode in the first place?
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/

Draco_2
4 months ago#5
Kerr Avon posted...
What's the point of being able to save if it deletes the save(s) when you die? If your death in the game is supposed to be 'permanent' (i.e. so that you can't continue, and must restart the game from scratch) then why be able to save at all, as you'll never be able to load the save game.And if you do want to load a save game, then surely you shouldn't be playing a "death is permanent" game mode in the first place?

Because death is the ONLY thing that erases your save file. You can still turn the game off and take a break if you so choose.

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
4 months ago#6
Draco_2 posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
What's the point of being able to save if it deletes the save(s) when you die? If your death in the game is supposed to be 'permanent' (i.e. so that you can't continue, and must restart the game from scratch) then why be able to save at all, as you'll never be able to load the save game.And if you do want to load a save game, then surely you shouldn't be playing a "death is permanent" game mode in the first place?

Because death is the ONLY thing that erases your save file. You can still turn the game off and take a break if you so choose.

No, I get that, but what's the point of the player being able to save the game, if he can't load it again?

I mean, to have the game mode you're suggesting, all the game would need to do is to save the game when the player quits the game, the player himself need not ever be allowed to create a game save (when playing the perma-death mode).
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/

Draco_2
4 months ago#7
Kerr Avon posted...
No, I get that, but what's the point of the player being able to save the game, if he can't load it again?

Because as long as s/he didn't die (and is just taking an intentional break), than s/he CAN load it again.

Kerr Avon posted...
I mean, to have the game mode you're suggesting, all the game would need to do is to save the game when the player quits the game, the player himself need not ever be allowed to create a game save (when playing the perma-death mode).

As mentioned before, the game erases your save when you die (ONLY when you die), so it won't matter if you save manually or the game does it automatically...you'll get the same result.

Just to break it down as much as I can...unlike Dead Space 2, you don't need to play for 8 straight hours. You can play for a short time, save, turn the game off, then come back later (like with most games)...now, if you die, you're ****ed, but as long as you don't die, you can just play the game, well...normally. You just have to be REALLY careful.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
4 months ago#8
if have plus it's not a problem. just back up save at good spots. reload if something happens it works

we had to do this for rogue legacy for the under 15 run achievement its not impossible just need good runs.
Chapped ass sucks. Deliver me sweet release, Kaopectate-.Alucard188

Draco_2
3 months ago#9
bump

Draco_2
3 months ago#10
Still curious about this...
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Question about Dead Space 3's Hardcore mode...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived