This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disc damage on label

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Disc damage on label

User Info: NEMESIS_4713

NEMESIS_4713
3 months ago#1
Today i noticed that some of my games (6) had some paint missing on the label side of the disc mostly it's 1 or 2 pinesizes holes except one that has very small scratches. All the missing is on the inner circle of the disc (on the part that says ps3, between the finger hole and the circle with the numbers). All the games with the problem is the ones that i have played the last 3 months and one of them is 2 months new, none of my other games has a single similar problem and some of them are 10 years old. So my question is how did this damage happened and is it a threat for my games? I look after and take care my games to the point that none of my 45 games has a single scratch on. I'm afraid that my ps3 causing these marks.
We can all only be who we are, no more and no less.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
3 months ago#2
as far as damage goes.... i cant say for sure the causes other than normal wear and tear. in some cases too much damage to the disc may result in the game not working properly

had this happen when i wanted xmen destiny (which i need to complete still). and the game wouldn't load past the first cutscene. it was too late for a refund and i had to order it again (if curious it's an out of print game) i try to buy them each month now (at least one) for either ps3 or vita anything not available on psn.
Chapped ass sucks. Deliver me sweet release, Kaopectate-.Alucard188

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 months ago#3
Dude, first of all, I had to read 3 times until I understood "pinesize holes". First two times I read "penis size
holes".

Yesterday, I brought back an old PS3 Fat to life (literally) and found out it had a game disc inside the drive. It was a Fifa 13 and it was literally missing a piece of that inner circle you mentioned, plus it was cracked up to the where actual disc surface begins. My kid loves soccer, so he puts that disc in our PS3 and it worked, he kept playing several matches in career mode for a couple hours and it didn't freeze at all.

So, try to post pictures of the damage, easier for us to tell if your discs are bad or not.
Insert funny / cool / original / meaningful quote here.

NEMESIS_4713
3 months ago#4
I'll try to post some pictures but from some tests I did all 6 games play fine. I can't check the games in full because that will take months but I played each 2 hours from old saves and hadn't a problem. My main problems are what caused this because I know it's not from handling or disc rot and will the scratches get bigger and move towards the main portion of the disc (i think that the scratches are in section of the disc that has no data stored correct me if I am wrong). I don't want to send my PS3 to a technician if it's not necessary.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 months ago#5
Whats your PS3 model? If it's a super slim, those scratches could be done while inserting and removing them from the drive? Or maybe when placing / removing them from cases?

I have around 90 games here and none shows any sign of wear like what you described, except for that Fifa 13 which is really broken at the center and cracked all the way through that inner ring
Insert funny / cool / original / meaningful quote here.

NEMESIS_4713
3 months ago#6
I have slim model for the last 7 year's, which I use daily. Until this problem all my discs were like new. I know it's not from use because I have games that I put at least 1000 hours and don't have a single mark on them. The problem is that I can't find something similar on the internet.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Disc damage on label

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived