This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any reason why my PS3 won't recognize any HDMI cable? Only detect the AV cable

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Any reason why my PS3 won't recognize any HDMI cable? Only detect the AV cable

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
2 months ago#11
Could it be a handshake issue? PS3 enforces HDCP for all HDMI connections. Including the menu and games.

If the check fails, you'll get no signal. Without any on-screen notification telling you what happened.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1124-lums-ufo-comedy-anime-and-manga

User Info: PStrife

PStrife
2 months ago#12
If they are making handshakes between the two behind the TC's back, that is collusion. That isn't right. That isn't fair, go tell the HDMI cable & the PS3 to play nice.

TC should also look at the settings, sounds like the system is doing some type of extra online checks and needs them turned off. Were you using online cloud data storage on the PSN at some point?

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
2 months ago#13
Did you check your system settings for which are the selected video and audio outputs? Maybe you just have to select HDMI as your audio / video output.
Insert funny / cool / original / meaningful quote here.

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
2 months ago#14
ManuKesna posted...
For some reason the audio doesnt work with the AV cable and my PS3 takes a while to turn on and sometimes to turn off for some reason.
It was like that when the last time I played it a coupe of years ago.
Also, why would the port be damage out of nowhere? I really dont get it =/

This happened to both of my PS3s. I had one of the old fat 60gb versions and then another more recent slim one. I use component cables now.

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
2 months ago#15
FooFightersFan posted...
ManuKesna posted...
For some reason the audio doesnt work with the AV cable and my PS3 takes a while to turn on and sometimes to turn off for some reason.
It was like that when the last time I played it a coupe of years ago.
Also, why would the port be damage out of nowhere? I really dont get it =/

This happened to both of my PS3s. I had one of the old fat 60gb versions and then another more recent slim one. I use component cables now.

Damn this sucks, specially because it was out of nowhere. I tried to turn it on a couple of hours ago, it beeped 4 times and didn't turn on.
I think my PS3 is dying :(
Hi

User Info: revengine

revengine
2 months ago#16
bungiefan posted...
I wouldn't say you need a CRT, as my HDTV has component plugs that could be used with the PS3 for 1080p video. PS3 has the same multi-out as PS2.

The PS3 will send a 1080p signal over a component cable? I always thought 1080i (analogue obviously) was the highest it would go and HDMI was needed for 1080p. Good to know.
"A word of advice; don't buy discounted armor." Hermir Strong-Heart

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
2 months ago#17
1080p is the highest resolution component is capable of. Higher resolutions require newer cable types.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

ManuKesna
2 months ago#18
So I got myself a component cable and I get no sound. I don't get sound with an AV cable neither.
This is so weird. No sound with either the AV or component cable and nothing at all with an HDMI cable.
Oh and I do get sound if I use my old Tritton AX pro for some reason.
Hi

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
2 months ago#19
rafamaximo posted...
Did you check your system settings for which are the selected video and audio outputs? Maybe you just have to select HDMI as your audio / video output.

Second time. Check audio / video output settings, pretty obvious at this point since you get sound using headset but not AV/Component. Maybe you just need to select HDMI as video/audio output
Insert funny / cool / original / meaningful quote here.

ManuKesna
2 months ago#20
rafamaximo posted...
rafamaximo posted...

Second time. Check audio / video output settings, pretty obvious at this point since you get sound using headset but not AV/Component. Maybe you just need to select HDMI as video/audio output

Yes of course I have checked that. I have tried selecting everything there. I get an error saying that an HDMI cable is not detected.
Hi
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Any reason why my PS3 won't recognize any HDMI cable? Only detect the AV cable

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived