This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 Super Slim Freezing and Fan Issues.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 Super Slim Freezing and Fan Issues.

User Info: iam32bit

iam32bit
1 month ago#1
I started using my PS3 again but I've been having issues with it. The fan keeps blowing at full speed even at startup and when there's a lot going on screen it tends to freeze up. This has happened during two games, InFamous 2 and Silent Hill: Homecoming. I was wondering if anyone has had these issues with the super slim and how to fix it.

I know the Super Slims's are reliable but I'm worried it might be on it's way out. This isn't the first time I've had issues with the PS3, my fat 60GB model was on the verge of another YLOD before I put it away and replaced it with the super slim.

User Info: GSP7

GSP7
1 month ago#2
I bought a Super Slim as backup. The only time I had it on was to download the system update and just from that it got really warm fast. It may have been vertical at the time.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#3
You mean to tell me that a piece of electronic equipment that you keep powered on for some time starts accumulating heat?

Well color me shocked!
http://i.imgur.com/wGcjsWL.jpg http://i.imgur.com/t7ZdCge.jpg

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
1 month ago#4
I was concerned about heat when i first got my superslim. So i stood it vertically and haven't had an issue since.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 Super Slim Freezing and Fan Issues.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived