This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone used DS4 with PS3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone used DS4 with PS3?

User Info: the_ashen_one

the_ashen_one
2 months ago#1
I want to use the DS4 controller with my PS3, as new DS3s aren't available in my country now. Has anyone played the following games with the DS4 on a PS3?

1. Uncharted 1-3
2. The Last Of Us
3. Infamous 1-2
4. Red Dead Redemption

Are these games playable with the DS4? Because I remember a using motion sensing a few times in Uncharted and TLOU (using the controller to balance drake on a narrow path or shaking the controller to escape enemies that latch onto your back). I've heard a few people say that the DS4 doesn't support rumble and motion sensing when used with PS3. Will I get a proper experience with DS4 on a PS3?

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
2 months ago#2
AFAIK, all games work with a DS4 but the touchpad button doesn't work as a home button, so you always need a DS3 to hand if you want to bring up the mid-game options. I haven't tried it though, it's just something i too am considering right now as DS4's are only just a little bit more than DS3's and the R2/L2 buttons are better on the newer controller.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: thekingoftown

thekingoftown
2 months ago#3
You have to keep it wired too, right?
I'm so glad The Cheat is not dead

User Info: MithrilMonarch

MithrilMonarch
2 months ago#4
BarbaricAvatar posted...
AFAIK, all games work with a DS4 but the touchpad button doesn't work as a home button, so you always need a DS3 to hand if you want to bring up the mid-game options. I haven't tried it though, it's just something i too am considering right now as DS4's are only just a little bit more than DS3's and the R2/L2 buttons are better on the newer controller.

Not all games work.

I can confirm DuckTales: Remastered does not.
Welcome to GameFAQs, where all posters post posts.

User Info: kaminarikid

kaminarikid
2 months ago#5
thekingoftown posted...
You have to keep it wired too, right?

You can bluetooth sync ds4's on ps3.

Also, one weird thing I noticed, diagonal inputs on the d-pad do not work, which makes fighting games nearly impossible to play.
Grow Up
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/Kaminari_Kid.png

User Info: darkoj

darkoj
2 months ago#6
I love my DS4 on PS3. Slaying in Destiny with the tactile thumbsticks, curved triggers, and ergonomic frame is sublime.
PSN: darkoj-
Destiny is my mental stimulant, Dark Souls is my narcotic for a dark soul.

User Info: bleeping_bleep

bleeping_bleep
1 month ago#7
Can personally confirm the DS4 works with the PS3 for Red Dead Redemption. S'what I've been playing for the past 2 weeks. Just no rumble. Otherwise, works flawlessly.

the_ashen_one
1 month ago#8
bleeping_bleep posted...
Can personally confirm the DS4 works with the PS3 for Red Dead Redemption. S'what I've been playing for the past 2 weeks. Just no rumble. Otherwise, works flawlessly.

Yeah, but sixaxis doesn't work. So Uncharted, Infamous, and TLOU will be a pain in the ass to play at certain points.

the_ashen_one
1 month ago#9
darkoj posted...
I love my DS4 on PS3. Slaying in Destiny with the tactile thumbsticks, curved triggers, and ergonomic frame is sublime.

Does destiny now require sixaxis?

the_ashen_one
1 month ago#10
BarbaricAvatar posted...

And sixaxis motion sensing doesn't work, so it's useless for Uncharted, TLOU, and Infamous. Pretty much ally favourite game on PS3. Gotta save up for a PS4 now.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone used DS4 with PS3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived