This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games with Character Creation

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Games with Character Creation

User Info: Eric037

Eric037
1 month ago#1
I really like being able to customize/create a character to play as. Any recommendations for games with character creation? I prefer creating from scratch (letting you alter gender, facial structure, body proportions, etc) rather than only customizing the clothes, but either is still OK.

I already have:

3D Dot Game Heroes
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Dark Souls II
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Mass Effect 3
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
Saints Row 2
Saints Row IV
SoulCalibur IV
SoulCalibur V
WWE 2K17
WWE All Stars

I think some of the Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors games have it but there are so many of those that I'm not sure which ones have it.
Any help is appreciated!
http://eric-3.deviantart.com/
http://backloggery.com/eric3

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
1 month ago#2
You're definitely missing Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: nononoyesyesyes

nononoyesyesyes
1 month ago#3
for musous, try the empires series.
you can even fight together or marry em off to one another.

saints row 3 has a character creator/hub thats seperate from the game.
though id say its pretty close to IV.

most any sports game should have a character creator or insert to roster setup.

mgsv has avatar creator, but its only for the online portion i think.
havent gotten too far into online.

others:
white knight chronicles
dragon age
mass effect

Eric037
1 month ago#4
Thanks for the suggestions!

Gaara_fan posted...
You're definitely missing Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

How stable are Fallout 3 and New Vegas? I enjoyed Skyrim but hated how often it could freeze.
I was looking at Dragon's Dogma but I prefer playing solo. Is it reasonable (or even possible) to play without AI partners?

nononoyesyesyes posted...
for musous, try the empires series.
you can even fight together or marry em off to one another.
others:
white knight chronicles
dragon age
mass effect

Is any Empires game particularly better than the others?
Same with Dragon Age. Is there one you would recommend over the others?

User Info: V I C I O U S

V I C I O U S
1 month ago#5
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is the newest one, and I would wager the best one, though I only just recently bought regular DW8 and don't know for sure. It can only be bought digitally for the PS3 for a hefty 39.99 I think, too.

I might buy it in due time, but, if you're not gonna pay that much then you could look for a physical DW7 Empires which might be cheaper.
"Liking is probably the best form of ownership, and ownership the worst form of liking" - Jose Saramago

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#6
Eric037 posted...
I was looking at Dragon's Dogma but I prefer playing solo. Is it reasonable (or even possible) to play without AI partners?

You are given one AI partner who you create yourself but you can ditch them and play solo. I wouldn't recommend playing solo if you don't have ranged attacks, but there are some good options for that. The Assassin vocation actually has some augments (passive stat-boosting skills) that makes it stronger when you fight alone with no AI partners.

Honestly though having some AI homies is really nice. You can have a mage partner who will heal you when you're injured and provide buffs like enchanting your weapons with fire, ice, etc. and they can be useful for setting flying enemies on fire (which makes a lot of them unable to fly). Plus, they can serve as a mule to carry loot so you aren't weighed down by it. I think you'll find that you prefer playing with them, even though it's totally viable not to.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is the game I came here to recommend, so, yeah. Also, if you have a gaming PC, they released a PC version a while back which lets you play at a higher frame rate and of course you can mod some stuff. But it's still awesome on PS3.

EDIT> Also, although I haven't played DW7 Empires, I think the base game of DW7 is better than the base game of DW8.

User Info: Varron

Varron
1 month ago#7
White Knight Chronicles has a nice one, although your character is basically a mute carbon-copy of the game's main character regarding stats.
Reddit girls are trouble.
PS4/PS3 Gamer

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
1 month ago#8
Elder scrolls oblivion is a must play if you havent.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: EndlessSolitude

EndlessSolitude
1 month ago#9
Eric037 posted...
I really like being able to customize/create a character to play as. Any recommendations for games with character creation? I prefer creating from scratch (letting you alter gender, facial structure, body proportions, etc) rather than only customizing the clothes, but either is still OK.

Then you'll love Legasista which has a comprehensive character creation option.

FAERY: Legends of Avalon also has extensive character customization - though I wouldn't purchase that unless it's on a steep discount.
Games I've finished are in bold.
What the gamefaqs gatekeepers fear most: http://www.big-lies.org

Eric037
1 month ago#10
Thanks.

V I C I O U S posted...
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is the newest one, and I would wager the best one, though I only just recently bought regular DW8 and don't know for sure. It can only be bought digitally for the PS3 for a hefty 39.99 I think, too.

I might buy it in due time, but, if you're not gonna pay that much then you could look for a physical DW7 Empires which might be cheaper.

I do prefer physical copies, so I might look into 7 Empires instead.

ElDudorino posted...
Eric037 posted...

You are given one AI partner who you create yourself but you can ditch them and play solo.

Thanks for all the info. If I get it, I probably would at least try it with partners first, but I do like knowing it's not mandatory in case I don't like it. As for PC, I unfortunately don't have a computer that handles games well.

Varron posted...
White Knight Chronicles has a nice one, although your character is basically a mute carbon-copy of the game's main character regarding stats.

I might look into this more. Is the second game better?

pikey87 posted...
Elder scrolls oblivion is a must play if you havent.

Is the technical performance better than Skyrim? I was bothered by Skyrim's bloated save file problem and the number of freezes I got with it.

EndlessSolitude posted...
Then you'll love Legasista which has a comprehensive character creation option.

Ah, I forgot about Legasista. I was hoping for a physical copy though. Maybe I'll look into it anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Games with Character Creation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived