This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ps3 = best all in one Sony console

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ps3 = best all in one Sony console

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
3 months ago#1
Sorry PS4 owners, PS3 is hands down Sony best console they accidentally made.

Yes, it has many OS problems, also Sony complicating and handicapping the device didn't help.

But from a causal prospective, this is the most complete all in one box Sony has ever released.

I am not a Sony fanboy, but I guess trolls made up their mind by now let alone actually reach this far.

In my opinion, other than great game selection(though not a big library of games), has most of the Sony released titles most are looking for(again from a casual prospective)

Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts series, MGS series, classic RE series.... And new -_-, Uncharted, Souls series,Mega Man, Castlevania series, LBP, Crash, Twisted Metal, Fatal frame, SF games, Tekken, 2D MK, Light gun games, GTA series......you get what I mean

Most of the classics for ps1 and 2 are here(given you got all 3 region accounts), Ps2 HD collection and classics that ended up being re-released for the ps4

I guess long story short we wont be getting a system like the PS3 anytime soon, PS4 barley has any classic support let alone variety of games to play on PS4

After getting 1 TB of HDD, I realized how convent it is to have all the games in one console

I they only kept the PS2 emulation things would of been better, but oh well I know people overtime will fix this.
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 months ago#2
I am going to further expand your idea about PS3 being the best all in one console.

First Fat PS3 models would be the best console ever made, if it wasn't for YLOD... back then when PS3 was launched, smart TVs were not really a thing so PS3 was kind of ahead of it's time and very convenient. Even today first PS3 models are very useful...

Those play PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, play DVD / BD movies, play/copy music CDs and MP3 files (with an excellent music player and those beautiful effects while music plays), play a wide variety of movie formats (unfortunally, I don't think MKV support was ever added), can be used as media hub, useful media apps like Youtube, Netflix, etc, 4 USB ports plus all those card reader ports (allowing several forms of input / output, possibility to install another OS (like Linux or even Windows)... and as a plus, those consoles are VERY BEAUTIFUL (I am going to say those are the most beautiful console ever made).

If only there was any workaround for YLOD that would allow first fat models to survive for at least 10 more years...

Even other PS3 models are also useful, I bought my first PS3 back in 2009 along with a 43'' LCD Sony Bravia (which was pretty good at that time, but now it's only an ancient big TV), after my Fat died to YLOD, I bought a slim but I still use it for music, movies and youtube / netflix often, even having a top-tier smart tv at my living room.
Insert funny / cool / original / meaningful quote here.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
3 months ago#3
Well the fat that plays PS2 games IS the better one, but as you said, they don't last and they are quite big lol

I am pretty sure they found a way by now to unlock the PS2 emulation the PSN uses for discs, but bother with that now as I am too busy finishing my PSN collection to make it easy to move around, that goes for PS TV as well, but it not as good playing PS1 games
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
3 months ago#4
Yeah, just like my PS3 has been packed up since last year. It sure is being very useful.
http://i.imgur.com/0vxvfxo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jrM5l3k.jpg

User Info: DarkMark942

DarkMark942
3 months ago#5
Most of PS3's best games are remastered on the PS4 with better graphics and frame rates. The Dualshock 4 is the GOAT controller although the Dualshock 3 is right behind it. You know a controller is right when it lasts for 3 generations.

But you are completely wrong about most of the PS1 AND PS2 classics being there. No, just no...not even close. Provided you have all 3 region accounts...who the f*** would?
Seattle Seahawks SBXLVIII CHAMPIONS

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
3 months ago#6
PS3 has all the games I actually want to play, smaller GB size for games and sometimes better ambiance because of grey levels (for horror games), a great controller, came with 2 games for $199, same as a Blu-Ray player at the time, and has some of the best looking games + best story games of all time pushed to the utter extreme of what the system could push. There was a reason why the U.S. Air Force made 1,760 of them into a supercomputer:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105767-U-S-Air-Force-Finishes-PS3-Supercomputer-of-Epic-Proportions

Mind you things have advanced a lot since then, but you must admit it was pretty astounding for its time, going from PS2 to the PS3 era.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
3 months ago#7
The PS3 system loses a lot of points for that DS3 though. It's gotta be the top 5 lamest controllers of all time with its little dinky handles, it feels awkward to hold I don't like it. But either than that it's a great overall system. Its got some good exclusives as well.

User Info: omnichaos

omnichaos
3 months ago#8
OptimusRekt posted...
PS3 has all the games I actually want to play, smaller GB size for games and sometimes better ambiance because of grey levels (for horror games), a great controller, came with 2 games for $199, same as a Blu-Ray player at the time, and has some of the best looking games + best story games of all time pushed to the utter extreme of what the system could push. There was a reason why the U.S. Air Force made 1,760 of them into a supercomputer:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105767-U-S-Air-Force-Finishes-PS3-Supercomputer-of-Epic-Proportions

Mind you things have advanced a lot since then, but you must admit it was pretty astounding for its time, going from PS2 to the PS3 era.

I think I remember a story about Saddam using PS2s to also build a supercomputer, lmao.

User Info: RyanEsau

RyanEsau
3 months ago#9
What do you need a 1TB HDD for on the PS3? iirc most games ran off disc and didn't install on the system. Went all digital?

Either way I definitely agree, at least bearing in mind the original 20/60GB model fat ps3s w/ hardware-based ps2 support. (Later models had like software-based support)

Plan to eventually pick one up myself so I can have 1 system to conveniently play PS1/PS2/PS3. Just hope it'll manage to continue strong and last just like my PS3 Slim has and still is.
PSN: RyanEsau | https://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau
PC: i7-6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sgt.Soldier/saved/FsQK8d

User Info: Martti

Martti
3 months ago#10
1 Terabyte is still nice, if you have hundreds of games eventually the installs will add up, a single game can be like 10 GBs sometimes. Also he probably got digital PS1 and PS2 games.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ps3 = best all in one Sony console

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived