This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Snow's Reflections- Day 1- Lollipop Chainsaw

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Snow's Reflections- Day 1- Lollipop Chainsaw

User Info: Snowthaproduct

Snowthaproduct
1 month ago#1
I've been wanting do to something like this for a long time, especially since the PS3 is no longer the "main" console. I want to go back and look at some games I heavily enjoyed or disliked during the PS3's golden era.

I'd like to talk about my favorite game on the PS3, Lollipop Chainsaw.

This game is sort of a hidden gem/cult classic amongst the 360/PS3 users, because it features a Cheerleader trying to save her high school from zombies, while having her boyfriends detached head attached to her skirt.

Graphics- The graphics were pretty decent for the time(I don't expect a whole lot being a Suda51) Juliet looks detailed(She's modeled after Jessica Nigri). The worlds are pretty detailed though there's some invisible walls.

Gameplay- This is where the game really shined for me. Pressing Square will do cheerleader attacks that will eventually stun the enemy, gather a group of enemies and stun them all, and decapitate them for huge bonus zombie medals! It's simple, yet addictive as there's plenty of moves(I'd compare it a lot to DMC where there's a ton of moves you can do). Gameplay seems fast and fluid, though my only gripe is the weird dropkick move that doesnt seem to go where you want to....

There's also a few special moves that can be used with a Nick Ticket(Obtainable in game, you basically get to play a minigame with nick, and it can be very useful in clearing waves of enemies)

There's also Cheerleader mode(I forget what this is called!) Where a rainbow follows you and bascially any hit is a kill on a normal enemy( all while jamming out to mickie you're so fine)

Sountrack- Amazing if you like rock/hard rock/heavy metal. There's not one track that I dislike on this game, features bands such as Arch Enemy, Five Finger Death Punch, and Children Of Bodom.

Replayability- Over a dozen costumes to unlock and three endings provides a pretty solid replay value.

Lasting Impressions- I'm currently playing through this after about 2 years, and the game is still very VERY fun. I've completed this game at least 10 times(Second most only to Resident Evil 4!). The Jokes between Juliet and Nick are hilarious, the gameplay is still fresh. Juliet is probably the most attractive video game character there is!

Anyways, If you're a fan of DMC/Ninja Gaiden, I strongly urge you to pick up Lolllipop Chainsaw it's a fantastic game that will have you none the less laughing from the hysterical comedy.

Overall score- A+

Thanks for reading, and sorry it was so short, have to go to work :)
High punches, spin-kicks, watch the back-split
I see you in the air when I make you back-flip

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
1 month ago#2
Nice write up. I haven't played it yet, sounds pretty fun. Don't worry about length, your write up was actually the perfect length Imo. If you plan on doing several of these, I'd keep the length as is. I'd recommend submitting reviews then giving us the condensed version.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
4 weeks ago#3
Vintage Suda51
http://i.imgur.com/0JhSCue.jpg

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
4 weeks ago#4
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
Vintage Suda51

Still need to get that No More Heroes: Heroes' paradise for my collection. That and Lollipop Chainsaw seems to be Suda51 masterpieces.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: kaminarikid

kaminarikid
4 weeks ago#5
So if you've played the PS3 version, did the music seem super compressed to you?

On my game, all of the music sounds like low-bitrate mp3 audio.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/Kaminari_Kid.png

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
3 weeks ago#6
LC is an amazing game.

It got trashed because people don't bother to learn game mechanics these days. I've got a huge guide in the works for everything you can do as well as enemy/boss analysis.

Tons of replay value too. Costumes and ending as TC said, and also difficulties, rankings, score attack, time attack. That kind of sh*t lasts me for years.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 weeks ago#7
The game is cheap enough and October is coming up...
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Snow's Reflections- Day 1- Lollipop Chainsaw

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived