This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old Call of Duty games: Is hacking that messes with your account still a thing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Old Call of Duty games: Is hacking that messes with your account still a thing?

User Info: A_pound_of_MUF

A_pound_of_MUF
1 month ago#1
I remember back in the day (2012-2013) there was hacking in old CoD games (MW trilogy, BO1) that would permanently mess up your progress - either resetting your progress back to rank 1 or ranking you all the way up to maximum and unlocking everything for you.

I haven't played any of them since around that time (primarily through fear of this) and was wondering if it was still around, perhaps even worse than before now that the games are so old. If not, I was hoping to jump into a game or two for old time's sake.
He had fulfilled his purpose on the earth and as witness to the coming of the next age, saw his body as an empty shell and gave it away.

User Info: Snowthaproduct

Snowthaproduct
1 month ago#2
Black Ops 1 seemed pretty fine to me.

Modern warfares are still hacked, though 3 seems to be less so.

Black ops 2 is still amazing, I've only ran into one hacker in about 200 or so games(he wasnt really hacking, he was doing a perk glitch)
High punches, spin-kicks, watch the back-split
I see you in the air when I make you back-flip

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
1 month ago#3
Your account? None that I've heard off (Legit complaint that is). Beware that some people will also automatically unlock all trophies for you without your consent and if you care about your trophies and tracking in trophy hunt websites, that may get you screwed a big time, so there's that.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: A_pound_of_MUF

A_pound_of_MUF
4 weeks ago#4
They can do that?! Unlock all trophies for you I mean? That's crazy, never heard of anything like that before!
He had fulfilled his purpose on the earth and as witness to the coming of the next age, saw his body as an empty shell and gave it away.

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
4 weeks ago#5
A_pound_of_MUF posted...
They can do that?! Unlock all trophies for you I mean? That's crazy, never heard of anything like that before!

Yes, they can do that and it's pretty easy for them, they just bring a menu and select an option to unlock trophies for everyone in the room. Some find that good, for others that's pretty nasty.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
4 weeks ago#6
Gaara_fan posted...
A_pound_of_MUF posted...

Yes, they can do that and it's pretty easy for them, they just bring a menu and select an option to unlock trophies for everyone in the room. Some find that good, for others that's pretty nasty.

Can confirm; actually had that happen for my Blops 2 progress. Bit indifferent since I had most of them (the only ones I didn't have were the TranZit zombies trophies, which I was never going to get because I never play TranZit - awful zombies map imo) but still, that was my "first" platinum.

At any rate, Blops 2 was infested with hackers and those people who run that awful "zombies" modded gametype when I last left it. I intermittently play Advanced Warfare still (not sure why, presumably a fondness for loot systems) and even though it's pretty much dead outside of TDM or days when a lot of people have the Supply Drop Challenge for another gametype you still get games and although hackers exist they're not super prevalent.
"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.
There's no distinction between science and magic." ~ Patchouli Knowledge
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Old Call of Duty games: Is hacking that messes with your account still a thing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived