This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PlayStation Friend Request Spam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PlayStation Friend Request Spam?

User Info: darkoj

darkoj
2 months ago#1
A few weeks ago, I got a friend request from a PSN username consisting of a real life name followed by a series of numbers and letters, such as "savannah13b386bs1". The PSN profile showed a level of 1 with no earned trophies, and the friend request itself simply reiterated a request for friending, like "Please be my friend!". I thought it was odd, of course, but I found it even more suspect when I noticed numerous friend requests from PSN users that all had a name with the same format (real life name combined with numbers and letters), each with no trophy achievements or anything.

Does anyone know where these would have come from?
PSN: darkoj-
Destiny is my mental stimulant, Dark Souls is my narcotic for a dark soul.

User Info: Aerosoldier

Aerosoldier
2 months ago#2
Its weird but i receive a lot of requests too...
Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

User Info: RJP_X

RJP_X
2 months ago#3
there's a bot infestation right now on psn. seems more so with PS4 users atm. i've yet to get this, but there are a lot of people complaining about it right now.
''Never lenient... On your zenith.'' -Cam'ron
PSN: RJP_X

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
2 months ago#4
Some guys are using script hacks through the Playstation Messages app to create and send those messages and as usual, it's just a scam/phishing attempt. They're also trying to add as friends now since some people check an option to only receive messages from people they're friends with, and the hackers found that now, so the friend request is a way to bypass that. Anyway, there isn't much to be done, just ignore and block any strange friend requests and messages, especially if they seem freshly new accounts

I've got some of those too, btw. Really annoying.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: Spirit__Warrior

Spirit__Warrior
2 months ago#5
Yup, been getting those too.
Been playing Black ops for the past week and noticed that I get friend requests from people that aren't in the lobby or not even recent players. .......
www.facebook.com/Parasite-Eve-Fans-1783979868594103

User Info: RyuVegas

RyuVegas
2 months ago#6
RJP_X posted...
there's a bot infestation right now on psn. seems more so with PS4 users atm. i've yet to get this, but there are a lot of people complaining about it right now.

Omg on PS4 is so annoying. I hate this trnd right now.
NP|Bloodborne, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, Horizon:ZD, Sonic Mania
'Ive seen Ryu on the MtG board so hes already cooler than most of you.' ~XImperialDragon
(message deleted)

User Info: reidyboy102998

reidyboy102998
2 months ago#8
RJP_X posted...
There's a bot infestation right now on psn. seems more so with PS4 users at the moment. I've yet to get this, but there are a lot of people complaining about it right now.
Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 coming 2018? :).https://imgur.com/T6YyCVX PSN: reidy16982 Other PSN: Da3boys-RDB XGT: yoshio1998
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PlayStation Friend Request Spam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived