This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My ps3 wont display at all over any kind cable

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My ps3 wont display at all over any kind cable

User Info: tw1239875

tw1239875
4 weeks ago#1
My ps3 will not display over hdmi, componnet, or AV cables. It boots up and nothing. I hold it down for 5 seconds and that don't work either. I've tried other ports and cables. Nothing. Just turns on and then I have to hold the power button down to shut it off. I can not figure out what in the hell is wrong. It froze with purple discoloration. And then I shut it off and now it won't work. Any help is appreciated.
Xbox-buletformyangel
PSN-thecooltwt

tw1239875
4 weeks ago#2
So now I've got display. But the HDMI does not work. It displays, but has a very poor connection. That static like screen and distorted color. Component is working great. Any help with the hdmi would be appreciated.
Xbox-buletformyangel
PSN-thecooltwt

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
4 weeks ago#3
That's probably a fat PS3, right? Bad news for you: it's likely the GPU went bad
Insert funny / cool / original / meaningful quote here.

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
4 weeks ago#4
^ @rafamaximo Not if component is working great. TC, is everything really working fine with component? Have you tried a different hdmi cable? Give us specifics so we can help.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

rafamaximo
4 weeks ago#5
@pikey87
Nope, it's likely his fat is going to die soon. Mine was the same, I could "play" using AV / Component but not HDMI. I put play between quotes because any game which graphics were demanding would have the image freeze on screen while the sound would still keep going. For example, I could play Disgaea 3 for a few hours using AV / Component, but Gran Turismo 5 would freeze even if not using HDMI

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
4 weeks ago#6
rafamaximo posted...
@pikey87
Nope, it's likely his fat is going to die soon. Mine was the same, I could "play" using AV / Component but not HDMI. I put play between quotes because any game which graphics were demanding would have the image freeze on screen while the sound would still keep going. For example, I could play Disgaea 3 for a few hours using AV / Component, but Gran Turismo 5 would freeze even if not using HDMI

Interesting. I know you do have more knowledge on the tech side than I do, but what if everything works on component with no issue? hdmi port? hdmi cable? tv? then again the TC hasnt responded yet, so who knows 100% yet? I hope he does respond, if its a fat, we all know it will fail soon anyway. Happy to hear your thoughts however the TC responds.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

rafamaximo
4 weeks ago#7
Well, I'm based in both of his posts. First one says screen froze with purple discoloration and that he's got no connection at all. Second one says he gets static and distortion on screen over HDMI but component works great.

TC disappeared, but it seems pretty much what happened to me back then. Hope I am wrong, because usually when that happens, it's likely your PS3 is gone forever.

tw1239875
4 weeks ago#8
My ps3 is actually a slim from December of 2009. It has been working great on component. No problems and no freezes at all. HDMI still don't work though.
Xbox-buletformyangel
PSN-thecooltwt
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My ps3 wont display at all over any kind cable

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived