This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is it worth it to get a ps3 just for the exclusives on the system..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. is it worth it to get a ps3 just for the exclusives on the system..

User Info: Mindbend8er

Mindbend8er
2 months ago#1
I already have a 360 so im not looking for games that are on the same system. All I want the ps3 for is the exclusives. Would it be worth it to get one.
game tag - mindbend8r

User Info: JCuster

JCuster
2 months ago#2
I got lucky and got a refurbished 80gb(later upgraded to 120) backwards compatible PS3, back in 2010. So, yes, if you want one, go for it. God Of War series, Uncharted series, Dragon's Crown, Last of US, Shadow of the Collossus/Ico Collection, Zone of the Enders Collection, Infamous Collection/DLC, and all of those classic PS1/2 games on PSN. Go ahead if you want one while it's cheap, and the online is free for some games.
Only if you say the word "Monkey."

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#3
Depends on what you like. I'm a massive fanboy of Demon's Souls and the Yakuza series (which has five exclusive PS3 games) and I can't imagine a PS3 costs more than $100-150 used these days so I'd say it's worth it for someone with my tastes. Metal Gear Solid 4 was also in many ways the end to that series and a great game in my opinion.

Apart from those I think the truly stand-out exclusives have been ported to other systems. There are still good-to-great ones but nothing worth buying a console over. In my personal opinion.

It also depends on if you have a PS4 since that is where most PS3 exclusives were ported to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
2 months ago#4
Yes, I'd say that Demon's Souls alone is worth buying a ps3, though I have this policy that you can't justify a purchase of gaming system based in one game alone. But then you have God of War entire saga, Yakuza games, Kingdom Hearts, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank and many others AWESOME exclusives. Get it.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
2 months ago#5
It's honestly the only reason I own one. I don't consider multiplatform games for the ps3 when I get game on the 360 and play with the vastly superior 360 controller (imo). It has great exclusives. Got nearly 60-70 ps3 games and alost all are exclusives.
3ds FC: 3196-3191-7257 and In game name is Ass-Hat
KB BR pokemon for trade http://preview.tinyurl.com/nkdnytd

User Info: hindd92

hindd92
2 months ago#6
Metal Gear Solid 4 alone is reason enough to me.

As mentioned, the end of the franchise and a superb piece of video game.
I think every game should have full voice acting and plenty of cutscenes. I can't see any other ways to properly tell a story.

User Info: RoyalsDK

RoyalsDK
2 months ago#7
I would say yes...

PS3's are cheap now...I would go for the Slim/Super Slim versions though...The Phat ones are prone to YLOD.
"lets be honest.. Vin has kind of made The Rock the star he is. Rock was pretty much a nobody in hollywood until the fast and furious"- JamesOwnzMaz

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
2 months ago#8
Definitely specially if you're into rpgs

User Info: newfuture

newfuture
2 months ago#9
Yes if you like jrpg such as tale of xillia series or some exclusives that are not remastered. It's not expensive.

Some exclusives such as uncharted series or last of us are remastered on PS4 with better graphic and frame rate.

Sorry for my bad english.

User Info: EndlessSolitude

EndlessSolitude
2 months ago#10
Mindbend8er posted...
I already have a 360 so im not looking for games that are on the same system. All I want the ps3 for is the exclusives. Would it be worth it to get one.

Yes.
Games I've finished are in bold.
What the gamefaqs gatekeepers fear most: http://www.big-lies.org
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. is it worth it to get a ps3 just for the exclusives on the system..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived