This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the MUST HAVE PS3 games.... by genre?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What are the MUST HAVE PS3 games.... by genre?

User Info: potatodood

potatodood
1 month ago#11
kgrc posted...
SheenavsKilley posted...
Metal Gear Rising

How did I forget this one.

9/10 game for me.

Classic.

I don't quite know why, but I wasn't feeling this one. It didn't feel as smooth as Platinum's other games I've played like Bayonetta or even Vanquish.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
1 month ago#12
^MGR is not a combo game maybe that's why.

User Info: kgrc

kgrc
1 month ago#13
potatodood posted...
kgrc posted...
SheenavsKilley posted...
Metal Gear Rising

How did I forget this one.

9/10 game for me.

Classic.

I don't quite know why, but I wasn't feeling this one. It didn't feel as smooth as Platinum's other games I've played like Bayonetta or even Vanquish.

The game had its flaws for sure, cheesy story and dialogue and a terrible final boss but the graphics were nice the parry system added depth and the gameplay mechanics overall were excellent.

Some great boss fights and relentless action I would put it on par with vanquish , both games being criminally short Imo but stillps3 gems.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MacheteAFC

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#14
Jx1010 posted...
Open World Game: Metal Gear Solid V (story suks tho)

Gameplay too... The only thing it has going for it is the graphics, it looks really stunning on PS3. But... that's about it if we're honest - I don't see how the "gameplay" is great when it's super repetitive and doesn't even come close to the awesome controls of MGS 2 and 3.
"1080 looks great but 2160 looks like real life which makes sense since it's the limit of the human eye."
jdclanc11

User Info: EcchiSaberUnit

EcchiSaberUnit
1 month ago#15
Resistance Trilogy

Killzone Trilogy

Graces F

Xillia 1 and 2.

Ni No Ku Ni

etc etc.

the games that you can only play on PS3 is the most worth while to hunt for imo.

User Info: kgrc

kgrc
1 month ago#16
unknown_VS posted...
Jx1010 posted...
Open World Game: Metal Gear Solid V (story suks tho)

Gameplay too... The only thing it has going for it is the graphics, it looks really stunning on PS3. But... that's about it if we're honest - I don't see how the "gameplay" is great when it's super repetitive and doesn't even come close to the awesome controls of MGS 2 and 3.

I have to disagree, the story Imo was excellent unfortunately the game was unfinished and lacked cut scenes like previous cods to fully flesh out the story and give the game a cinematic feel.that being said the story's premise,characters involved in the story and the plot twist were all well conceived Imo. I'm no fan boy but I do like the mgs series alot so the things that ****** off the die hards didn't bother me half as much.

Gameplay was also great despite the missions having a repetitive feel at times the change into open world gameplay was done very well and the overall gameplay mechanics were tight and imaginative.

It was a huge shame Konami are **** and didn't give Kojima the time to finish the game and that will always be its biggest flaw.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MacheteAFC

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
1 month ago#17
Fighting game: Tekken Tag 2, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur IV and V, BlazBlue Central Fiction, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, KoF XIII, DOA5: Last Round, Injustice, Ultra SF IV, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, SF X Tekken, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator

First Person Shooter (story): BioShock 1 and 2, BioShock Infinite

Third Person Shooter: Binary Domain, Uncharted 1/2/3, Dead Space 1/2, Resident Evil 5, RE: Revelations 2, The Evil Within, The Last of Us, MGS4, Tomb Raider, Ratchet & Clank games

Co-op game (online): Uncharted 2/3, The Last of Us, Resident Evil 5, Binary Domain, Dark Souls 1 and 2, Dragon's Crown, LOTR: War in the North, Two Worlds II, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, PSASBR

Co-op game (couch): Tales of Xillia 1 and 2, Dragon's Crown, LOTR: War in the North, MUA2, Mortal Kombat, SF X Tekken, PSASBR

Hack n Slash: God of War 2 and Ascension, Dante's Inferno, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1 and 2, Darksiders 1 and 2, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1/2, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Metal Gear Rising, Devil May Cry 4, DmC, Heavenly Sword, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Nier, Drakengard 3, Genji: Days of the Blade

JRPG: Tales of Xillia 1 and 2, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Graces F, Tales of Symphonia HD, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, Persona 5, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, FFXIII, Ni No Kuni, White Knight Chronicles II, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Resonance of Fate, Eternal Sonata, Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Escha & Logy, Valkyria Chronicles, Tears to Tiara II, Lost Dimension, Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD Remix, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, Battle Princess of Arcadias, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll, Dragon's Dogma

WRPG: Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Kingdoms of Amalur, Two Worlds II, LOTR: War in the North, Dishonored, Diablo III, Skyrim

RPG (turn based): Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, Persona 5, Child of Light, Eternal Sonata, Ni No Kuni, Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy X HD Remaster, Atelier games, Valkyria Chronicles, Tears to Tiara II, Lost Dimension, Natural Doctrine

Open World Game: Batman: Arkham City/Origins, inFamous 1 and 2, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed games, Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut, Okami HD, Kingdoms of Amalur, Darksiders 1 and 2, Nier, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 2, Dragon's Dogma, Yakuza 3/4/5

Puzzle: Catherine, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Brothers, Unfinished Swan, Trine 1 and 2, Ico

Anime: Naruro Storm games, Atelier games, Tales of games, Persona 5, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, BlazBlue games, Valkyria Chronicles, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Folklore, Ni No Kuni, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, Catherine, Tears to Tiara II, Lost Dimension, Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD Remix, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

Superhero Game: Batman: Arkham Asylum/City/Origins, Injustice, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, MUA 1 and 2, inFamous 1 and 2

Horror: Resident Evil 5, RE: Revelations 1/2, RE Remake HD, RE Zero HD, The Evil Within, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Dead Space 1/2, The Last of Us

Remaster: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD Remix, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Tales of Graces F, Beyond Good & Evil HD, Okami HD, RE: Revelations, RE Remake HD, RE Zero HD, Assassin's Creed Liberation HD, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, MGS HD Collection

Digital Only: inFamous: Festival of Blood, Child of Light, Battle Princess of Arcadias, Dead Nation, WipeOut HD Fury, Assassin's Creed Liberation HD, RE Remake HD, RE Zero HD, Beyond Good & Evil HD, Okami HD, Outland, Malicious

2D Graphics: Rayman Origins and Legends, Puppeteer, Child of Light, Battle Princess of Arcadias, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, Outland, Trine 1 and 2, Dragon's Crown

Cell Shaded graphics: Sly: Thieves in Time, Persona 5, Catherine, Naruto Storm games, Atelier games
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Waiting for: Ni No Kuni II, Dragon Quest XI, Ys VIII, Trails of Cold Steel 3, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What are the MUST HAVE PS3 games.... by genre?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived