This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

new policy change

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. new policy change

User Info: kingwutugu

kingwutugu
2 months ago#1
Anything worth noting?

Just saw I couldn't sign in until I agreed to the agreement
There is an "I" in WIN so get lost Team!

User Info: str8Knowledge

str8Knowledge
2 months ago#2
What they didnt display the ToS?

User Info: desertman

desertman
2 months ago#3
It probably has more to do with the PS4, since the change happened at the same time as the 5.0 update
_

User Info: RJP_X

RJP_X
2 months ago#4
i was nervous when signing in to upload trophies that first day as i never seen a message like that. idk what was in it either, just agreed. i just want to play the games i pay for in peace and not have anxiety like that. xD
''Never lenient... On your zenith.'' -Cam'ron
PSN: RJP_X

User Info: revengine

revengine
2 months ago#5
Part of the agreement that caught my eye as I was scrolling through it was that Sony has the right to notify the authorities with your info if they deem it necessary. It just made me think what the scenario might be for Sony to deem it necessary to contact authorities - I mean what kind of illegal things can one get up to on a gaming console? Are they going to bust people for calling other gamers names during multiplayer?
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
2 months ago#6
revengine posted...
Part of the agreement that caught my eye as I was scrolling through it was that Sony has the right to notify the authorities with your info if they deem it necessary. It just made me think what the scenario might be for Sony to deem it necessary to contact authorities - I mean what kind of illegal things can one get up to on a gaming console? Are they going to bust people for calling other gamers names during multiplayer?

Remember that one incident where a butt ton of ps2's where being purposed in some military out in the middle east or something? Maybe to prevent that? Or with all the string of planned attacks, sony may be trying to catch certain planned attacks from the messaging feature ans such. Won't really help if code words are used in place of the actual words but it'll stop amateurs ...... I think.
/BinBinricecake - Morgan - Warrior/~"You're brothers-in-nobody's-arms. Family that's lonely together is bro-nly together"
-Teddy

User Info: revengine

revengine
2 months ago#7
BinBinricecake posted...
revengine posted...

Remember that one incident where a butt ton of ps2's where being purposed in some military out in the middle east or something? Maybe to prevent that? Or with all the string of planned attacks, sony may be trying to catch certain planned attacks from the messaging feature ans such. Won't really help if code words are used in place of the actual words but it'll stop amateurs ...... I think.

I remember years ago on the news hearing about the possibility of parts of the PS2 being used in a guidance system for missile but I never knew it was a real thing. Hilarious and scary at the same time. And I completely forgot about those spam messages people have been complaining about recently. People need to become better acquainted with their account privacy settings.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.
revengine posted...
BinBinricecake posted...
revengine posted...

I remember years ago on the news hearing about the possibility of parts of the PS2 being used in a guidance system for missile but I never knew it was a real thing. Hilarious and scary at the same time. And I completely forgot about those spam messages people have been complaining about recently. People need to become better acquainted with their account privacy settings.

It wasn't a "real thing", it was a propaganda tool meant to make people think Saddam was doing something nefarious with common tech items to justify sanctions (strategically ballooned in the media along with the non-existent weapons of mass destruction and the non-existent babies being thrown around in that hospital and all the other lies being told to the American populace to foster the belief that it's a good thing to invade Iraq and kill off a few million brown people and feed trillions of dollars to the M/I complex... normal domestic psy-op procedure for wars after the Vietnam debacle, being repeated now for other countries you need to hate before they can move in without much of a backlash). Sony didn't say anything official about it that I can recall but it seems they went along with it because it enhanced the reputation of the PS2, technically the weakest hardware of that generation's consoles. A normal PC of the time because it had an operating system already there would've made way more sense than a PS2 for such purposes, not that the telemetry of a missile couldn't have been done pretty competently on a freaking 8- or 16-bit computer from the 80s, as evidenced by the hundreds of sim games that do just that and way more in the background.

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
1 month ago#9
Captain Brainslide posted...
revengine posted...
BinBinricecake posted...
revengine posted...

It wasn't a "real thing", it was a propaganda tool meant to make people think Saddam was doing something nefarious with common tech items to justify sanctions (strategically ballooned in the media along with the non-existent weapons of mass destruction and the non-existent babies being thrown around in that hospital and all the other lies being told to the American populace to foster the belief that it's a good thing to invade Iraq and kill off a few million brown people and feed trillions of dollars to the M/I complex... normal domestic psy-op procedure for wars after the Vietnam debacle, being repeated now for other countries you need to hate before they can move in without much of a backlash). Sony didn't say anything official about it that I can recall but it seems they went along with it because it enhanced the reputation of the PS2, technically the weakest hardware of that generation's consoles. A normal PC of the time because it had an operating system already there would've made way more sense than a PS2 for such purposes, not that the telemetry of a missile couldn't have been done pretty competently on a freaking 8- or 16-bit computer from the 80s, as evidenced by the hundreds of sim games that do just that and way more in the background.

I wouldn't know if it was real or not. But it wouldn't surprise me too much if that was the case. Thoug I am curious about the ps2 hardware and such. Was the ps2 (excluding the pc) weaker of the bunch at the time? I mean, having games made for it up to 2010-2012(?) is something.
/BinBinricecake - Morgan - Warrior/~"You're brothers-in-nobody's-arms. Family that's lonely together is bro-nly together"
-Teddy

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
1 month ago#10
Captain Brainslide posted...

You know, there's just too much more than that included in those lies. Not telling that ISIS isn't real and that they are not doing bad things... but where do you think their weapons, cars and equipments come from? I do remember reading a news article that a truck from a small plumbing company from US appeared in a news picture in use by ISIS. Long story short, the owner sold it months before, had a lot of trouble (receiving threats over the phone, almost went bankrupt and had to change the company name) because people thought he was supporting ISIS.

So, one has to question: How does an used truck sold by someone in US ends up in some middle-east country in use by ISIS? Which leads to another question: Where are all their weapons and equipment coming from? Maybe from same place where they got that used truck...

If you think further about it... what are the countries that absorbed most of nazis after World War II (including most of nazi's military, intelligence and scientists, even giving them new identities and a new life, disregarding all their war crimes)? The same countries that have been involved directly or indirectly in ALL armed conflicts around the world ever since World War II ended (for those who didn't follow, US and Russia - which is most of what's left of former USSR).
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. new policy change

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived