This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game from my backlog!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Recommend me a game from my backlog!!

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
4 weeks ago#21
GodDogs posted...
pikey87 posted...
GodDogs posted...
pikey87 posted...
Lol I expected bioshock to win, I really tried to like infinite, but Despite the flawless gameplay, amazing sound and stellar graphics, I just didn't enjoy it very much. The whole disney princess vibe really turned me off.

Disney princess vibe? what?

Not hating, but come on man. The first time you meet that b**** she's singing and dancing. She even looks like a disney character. Besides a few older cartoons, I really, REALLY, hate disney stuff.

is that really all it takes? A small scene where she sings and dances for maybe 15 seconds, and that's "disney princess vibe"? Are you for real? Did you play for what, 20 minutes?

The game has some heavy racial/religious themes, and some trippy science fiction, not to mention incredibly violent. But hey, if that one scene bothered you that much, so be it. I would just never describe anything Bioshock as "disney princess".

No, her entire character in general, her voice, cartoony look, and "Here! I found this!" every 10 seconds. And the whole portal/tear thing just didn't do it for me. I played it about 6ish hours before I lost interest (Maybe longer, it's been months.). Ironically a while after they become separated. I'm not saying it's a bad game by any means, the quality is among the best last gen, it just didn't click with me at all. And yes, it was because I didn't find the style interesting, and I found her absolutely grating. I can 100% see why you like it so much, I just couldn't get past how much I hated that character. Hell, they even put columbia into disney infinity!
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: GodDogs

GodDogs
4 weeks ago#22
that's too bad, man. It's a stellar game and I really enjoyed the storyline. I was just shocked to see anyone describe it as "disney princess" lol. But no game is for everyone.

they put in disney infinity??
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
4 weeks ago#23
GodDogs posted...
that's too bad, man. It's a stellar game and I really enjoyed the storyline. I was just shocked to see anyone describe it as "disney princess" lol. But no game is for everyone.

XD yup! I looked up bioshock infinite and disney, thinking I couldn't possibly be the only one that felt that way. I was right, but I didn't expect this!
https://www.polygon.com/2013/9/5/4697528/disney-infinity-toy-box-dlc-bioshock-infinite-tron-more
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#24
pikey87 posted...
GodDogs posted...

XD yup! I looked up bioshock infinite and disney, thinking I couldn't possibly be the only one that felt that way. I was right, but I didn't expect this!
https://www.polygon.com/2013/9/5/4697528/disney-infinity-toy-box-dlc-bioshock-infinite-tron-more

Apparently it's user-generated content, so it doesn't really count.
Update: Disney Infinity executive producer John Vignocchi clarified on Twitter that the levels are user-generated content curated by developer Avalanche Software, not worlds built by the studio itself.

Update 2: In a series of follow-up tweets sent this afternoon, Vignocchi said the levels were indeed built by Avalanche, as well as by some members of the Disney Infinity quality assurance team.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

User Info: Scoutisabelle

Scoutisabelle
4 weeks ago#25
1. Bioshock
2. The Saboteur
3. Syndicate
Now playing: Super Paper Mario, Mass Effect Andromeda, MLB '17

User Info: GodDogs

GodDogs
4 weeks ago#26
alright, well if Bioshock ain't your thing, my second vote is for The Saboteur.
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.

User Info: TRMDYL

TRMDYL
4 weeks ago#27
pikey87 posted...
TRMDYL posted...
Contrary to what the haters say, there's a decent amount of fun to be had with Dark Void. Aside from some framerate hiccups I really liked the feel of that game.

Eh, I don't think zeus was being a hater, he explained why he didn't like it pretty fairly. But yeah, reading some reviews, some people are bashing it to a ridiculous degree. Overall its a mediocre game at best. It has some awesome moments, the entire level you first get the full jetpack and need to shut down the shields is amazing. But the boss fight with the lizard robot thing was a joke. Honestly, my biggest complaints are all the areas where you can get stuck on background objects, the horrible music, and the enemies taking 4X the shots it should take to bring them down. The graphics and sound are good, and the sheer size of that 1st jetpack level was impressive considering how detailed the interior sections are. Very cool to fly 1000 yards, fight into a bunker, and have to suddenly be up close and personal. It's funny that the guy that voices the main character also voices nathan drake.

Fair enough haha.
"Touch Your Eyeballs To Screen For Cheap Laser Surgery."
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Recommend me a game from my backlog!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived