This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

effin DS3 is still 40$... le sigh

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. effin DS3 is still 40$... le sigh

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 month ago#21
AJM_Ruler posted...
The Power A Wireless PS3 controller is totally awesome 3rd party controller:

http://tinyurl.com/y9r85lbu

Only $15 on Walmart too. Once my DS3 was acting up, I bought this and never looked back. I know it's a 360 style controller, but the buttons are all fantastic, sticks hold up nice, and the shoulder buttons are actually better than the DS3.

In fact, I think I might buy another one for back-up for that price.

thanks ill check it out if i play another game that my DS4 doesn't work

15$ is not too bad

and i don't play fighting games with pad anyway, so i don't have to worry about having a good controller for fighting games... need one just for typical other singleplayer games in case DS4 doesn't on a particular game
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
1 month ago#22
VermilionX posted...
AJM_Ruler posted...

Only $15 on Walmart too. Once my DS3 was acting up, I bought this and never looked back. I know it's a 360 style controller, but the buttons are all fantastic, sticks hold up nice, and the shoulder buttons are actually better than the DS3.

15$ is not too bad

and i don't play fighting games with pad anyway, so i don't have to worry about having a good controller for fighting games... need one just for typical other singleplayer games in case DS4 doesn't on a particular game

@VermilionX

Only downside to that $15 controller from Walmart is it takes up one USB port for the dongle it uses to connect to the PS3 and likely uses the other USB port for the charging cable.

So if you have any other peripherals you need to plug into the system you're pretty much s*** outta luck because both ports will be taken up by those.

I would also warn those using aftermarket PS3 controllers that some of the wireless ones that use a dongle may interact badly with cordless phones should you still have a land line phone at your house/apartment. I had one, forget which model at the moment, but as soon as my phone rang the vibration motors went full throttle while the controller stopped working at all and the thing wouldn't shut off until the battery was completely drained.
Internet forum logic: When my opinion agrees with yours we're good. When it doesn't, the one with the different opinion is 'whining'. Gotta love the internet!

User Info: revengine

revengine
1 month ago#23
AJM_Ruler posted...

Visited this walmart link. It has a genuine DS3 for sale.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

User Info: DarkMark942

DarkMark942
1 month ago#24
I would pay scalper tier prices for a new DS3.
Seattle Seahawks SBXLVIII CHAMPIONS

User Info: Opportunist

Opportunist
1 month ago#25
Just bite the bullet and be grateful you were even able to find one at this point in time.
http://i.imgur.com/T4X9LTn.png

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
1 month ago#26
Opportunist posted...
Just bite the bullet and be grateful you were even able to find one at this point in time.

:(.
His hair cracks me up, It's like if vaudeville and feudal Japan did the fusion dance on his head - Yaridovich

User Info: AJM_Ruler

AJM_Ruler
1 month ago#27
ThrillKillFan posted...
VermilionX posted...
AJM_Ruler posted...

15$ is not too bad

@VermilionX

Only downside to that $15 controller from Walmart is it takes up one USB port for the dongle it uses to connect to the PS3 and likely uses the other USB port for the charging cable.

So if you have any other peripherals you need to plug into the system you're pretty much s*** outta luck because both ports will be taken up by those.

I would also warn those using aftermarket PS3 controllers that some of the wireless ones that use a dongle may interact badly with cordless phones should you still have a land line phone at your house/apartment. I had one, forget which model at the moment, but as soon as my phone rang the vibration motors went full throttle while the controller stopped working at all and the thing wouldn't shut off until the battery was completely drained.

Never had any of those issues. It does take one USB port, but that shouldn't be an issue I think.

Plus it takes batteries, AAA. I just bought some rechargeable ones and they work perfect.
Games can be paused, women cannot. Behold this wisdom.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
1 month ago#28
rechargeable batteries are always fun. though start up cost is high but its worth it. prefer the duracell brand. i used those for my wii back in the day. though i couldn't find where i put the charger upon moving day.
His hair cracks me up, It's like if vaudeville and feudal Japan did the fusion dance on his head - Yaridovich

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 month ago#29
yeah, i don't wanna pay 50$ just to replay my PS3 games in case the DS4 doesn't work

thanks for the tip on that cheap controller

i have rechargables, but they are AA, was using them for wii and my portable guitar mini amp
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#30
I just bought a DS3 for about $40. First party is best party, and they're not going to get any cheaper.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. effin DS3 is still 40$... le sigh

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived