This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Still using the PS3 in 2018

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Still using the PS3 in 2018

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
3 weeks ago#51
Same here. 2018 still playing PlayStation 3 games. Then maybe I'll buy a Playstation 4 if I find one cheap

User Info: legefy

legefy
3 weeks ago#52
I can count the number of ps4 titles I'd upgrade for on one hand (Nier in particular since my PC can't run the stupid port) On the ps3 however I've still got lightning returns, DA origins, both agarest titles, ni no kuni, and a massive amount of ps1 titles I got from my American account. If I were to buy a current gen system it'd probably be the switch for the unique titles but even then I'm not touching that thing till a new model is released so I don't need to be paranoid about the screen scratches or joycon
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
3 weeks ago#53
You know, I've been buying and playing playstation since 1997.

Time for a change. I should get myself an x box since the x boxes all have games that the PlayStations don't have

User Info: legefy

legefy
3 weeks ago#54
Like what?
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
3 weeks ago#55
WizardofHoth posted...

Time for a change. I should get myself an x box since the x boxes all have games that the PlayStations don't have

Get a xbox one on the cheap, most of 360 games are compatible with it and sometimes even run better and they are very chep these days. If you like Tales games, you can enjoy Tales of Vesperia in full english too.

If you want I can give some good exclusive to xbox recommendations.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
@EcchiSaberUnit posted...
no need for reassurance threads.

real talk: you can't afford next gen.

you either want to be content on what you have. and reassure yourself that its ok playing a 12 year old console in 2018.

or hate on next gen just because you cant possible have it. PS4 will surpass 70m sales by early 2018(current official sales count is 68.4m units sold) its clearly a good console and people are buying it by the millions. hating it just makes you look like an idiot.

That explains 90% of the people who still view this board, you can find several topics ripping on newer consoles like a bunch of children because their parents can't buy them the new console. Quite pathetic.
News flash, its ok to say you're not interested in new consoles, but to downplay them makes you look insecure and honestly, its clear that you want it but can't afford it.
An Evil Within

User Info: FeralGhoul52

FeralGhoul52
3 weeks ago#57
EcchiSaberUnit posted...
real talk: you can't afford next gen.

Real Talk: You're jumping to conclusions. I myself have a PS4 and a PS3 as well as a PS3 backup for when the one I'm playing dies. I just love me my PS3.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 weeks ago#58
Gaara_fan posted...
WizardofHoth posted...

Get a xbox one on the cheap, most of 360 games are compatible with it and sometimes even run better and they are very chep these days. If you like Tales games, you can enjoy Tales of Vesperia in full english too.

Most Xbox 360 games are incompatible with the Xbox One, including Tales of Vesperia. It's particularly true for Japanese-developed games that they are generally incompatible. Among the Japanese Xbox 360 exclusives very few are compatible.
Ryse > Knack

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
3 weeks ago#59
INKU48 posted...
Gaara_fan posted...
WizardofHoth posted...

Most Xbox 360 games are incompatible with the Xbox One, including Tales of Vesperia. It's particularly true for Japanese-developed games that they are generally incompatible. Among the Japanese Xbox 360 exclusives very few are compatible.

Seriously?
Then Microsoft fooled me real nice with all those propaganda that X1 had a great compatibility list for 360 games.

Sorry for the bad advice then. You should get a 360 instead, a slim model if possible because phat models are ticking bombs, even jasper models.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 weeks ago#60
Gaara_fan posted...
INKU48 posted...
Gaara_fan posted...
WizardofHoth posted...

Seriously?
Then Microsoft fooled me real nice with all those propaganda that X1 had a great compatibility list for 360 games.

Sorry for the bad advice then. You should get a 360 instead, a slim model if possible because phat models are ticking bombs, even jasper models.

It's arguably a great list of games that they've made compatible but it's far from complete. It's a shame because I have a lot of Japanese Xbox 360 exclusives and I can basically play Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey among the maybe 20-30 ones I have. I still have my 360 though but it takes space and I no longer have a wireless adapter for it so it would be nice with BC for me.

It's a nice feature, particularly for those who only play the most mainstream games but it can't replace an Xbox 360.

I don't think buying an Xbox One is a bad choice unless you primarily play Japanese games and it is backwards compatible with most Microsoft-published Xbox 360 games so it does give a nice sample of what a PS gamer has been missing out of. It is however just a sample and not a complete replacement and the console is a bad choice for fans of Japanese video games. My 2 cents.
Ryse > Knack
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Still using the PS3 in 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.