This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4.82 what does it do?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. 4.82 what does it do?

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
4 weeks ago#1
Anyone noticed any changes?

PS site only says "improved system performance" (lol)

User Info: Miz_iZ_AwSOme_X

Miz_iZ_AwSOme_X
4 weeks ago#2
unknown_VS posted...
Anyone noticed any changes?

PS site only says "improved system performance" (lol)

don't expect any kind of drastic change. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but this is same kind of updates ps3 been getting for about two years tho.
PSN xJokerLastLaughx Currently playing MKXL SF5 Xenoverse 2 AC4 Black Flag Watchdogs 2 Ghost Recon Wildlands WWE 2K17 Advance Warfare exo zombies only.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
4 weeks ago#3
Yeah, well they're still removing adding stuff, I just found a icon I never saw a couple of days ago lol. Like PS view or something - there have always been 3 "TV apps" now I have 4... Which I'll never use :o

Miz_iZ_AwSOme_X posted...
don't expect any kind of drastic change

I don't expect it, I fear it. I hate change.

User Info: V I C I O U S

V I C I O U S
4 weeks ago#4
what do it do
that 4.82?
do it do the best
or make itself pest?
do it stop jb
or fix nada maybe?
what will be
then, with 4.83?
"Liking is probably the best form of ownership, and ownership the worst form of liking" - Jose Saramago

User Info: Opportunist

Opportunist
4 weeks ago#5
Well that was cringeworthy.
http://i.imgur.com/T4X9LTn.png

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 weeks ago#6
It patches some sort of (probably piracy-enabling) exploit from what I understand. Sony will not add any more features to the PS3 at this point so firmware updates will be about patching exploits and possibly patching out incompatible apps such as Facebook/YouTube/whatever the PS3 has.
Ryse > Knack

User Info: legefy

legefy
4 weeks ago#7
Apparently it just takes away the deals tab from the store. Finally I won't have to see the sales come up
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: JAYDAKID977

JAYDAKID977
4 weeks ago#8
I hope they don't get rid of YouTube on the PS3! (I mainly watch it on my PS3.)
I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda

User Info: helIy

helIy
4 weeks ago#9
it didn't even stop the exploit that was recently found for 4.81, it still works on 4.82
welcome to my empire
where everybody's f***ed up
Captain Brainslide 3 weeks ago#10
INKU48 posted...
It patches some sort of (probably piracy-enabling) exploit from what I understand. Sony will not add any more features to the PS3 at this point so firmware updates will be about patching exploits and possibly patching out incompatible apps such as Facebook/YouTube/whatever the PS3 has.

Losing Youtube on the Vita really sucked, when that was patched out (for no reason that I could tell). The Vita Youtube app was fantastic, far better than the PS3's or 360's or pretty much anything else I've tried. I don't really use it on the PS3 but I also don't see why they bother to spend manhours to patch out something useful that works and keeps people using your machine instead of going to a competitor.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. 4.82 what does it do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived