This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My favorite console of all time is 11 years old!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My favorite console of all time is 11 years old!

User Info: XnarutoX626

XnarutoX626
4 weeks ago#1
My 60GB launch PS3 is still kicking, however the fans get REALLY loud during game sessions. I bought a super slim two month ago just in case my launch PS3 dies. I can't believe it's been 11 years! I was a freshmen in highschool back in 2006 and I had to work all summer to save up enough money to get it at launch day. My mom thought paying $600 for a console is ridiculous, "you will play it for two month and never touch it again! I hope $600 is well spent for two month of entertainment." she said to me. Little does she now that 11 years later, the system is still hooked to my TV.

I still remember my friends making fun of me for buying a PS3 back in 2006-2009. PSN back in december 2006 was absolutely a joke; and inferior 3rd party games due to hard to develop for. Xbox 360 had all the 3rd party exclusives. I can't believe Sony manager to turn the deficit around and managed to outsell Xbox 360. I have some many great memories with this system, happy 11th birthday PS3! PS4 have a lot to live up to!
PSN:yajichu
GT:Songchao142

User Info: XnarutoX626

XnarutoX626
4 weeks ago#2
Anyone?
PSN:yajichu
GT:Songchao142

User Info: darkoj

darkoj
4 weeks ago#3
Good read. Thank you for it. I love my 3 PlayStation 3's also. I'm hoping to continue to play PS3 regularly, even after buying a PS4 next week; it'll depend on how much I love Destiny 2 PvP. Hope your original console keeps trucking along.
PSN: darkoj-
Single and ready to... not mingle, but rather, fathom existence and maybe... listen to jazz? Gaming it is.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My favorite console of all time is 11 years old!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived