This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I bought a $12 bargain basement rally racing game and... Wow!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So I bought a $12 bargain basement rally racing game and... Wow!

User Info: ave1

ave1
3 weeks ago#1
WRC4, which I got recently for about $12, has been really impressing me with its awesome car handling, audio, and definitely the difficulty curve which I think they got just right. I am playing this over Dirt Rally on my Xbox One. Graphics on any X1 racing game obviously are trumping PS3 racing games like this one, but when the gameplay and car handling are this good - who cares about the graphics!

Anyway- if you like rally car racing sims, this might be worth tracking down. I'm quite happy with the experience at about three days progressing through the game.
I have a new sig and this is it.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 weeks ago#2
I've seem brand new copies of WRC 5 for around $10 where I live - both PS3 and PS4 versions. Just not sure how they fare compared to WRC 4 though, to be honest, off-road racing is not really my thing.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
2 weeks ago#3
How is the customization/tuning? I love being able to set my car up, I haven't played many rally games for PS3 yet somehow
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.
(message deleted)

User Info: ave1

ave1
2 weeks ago#5
pikey87 posted...
How is the customization/tuning? I love being able to set my car up, I haven't played many rally games for PS3 yet somehow

The tuning is not full-fledged, but adequate. I just like the handling without messing with settings in the game. Great for pick up and play.
I have a new sig and this is it.

User Info: revengine

revengine
2 weeks ago#6
rafamaximo posted...
I've seem brand new copies of WRC 5 for around $10 where I live - both PS3 and PS4 versions. Just not sure how they fare compared to WRC 4 though, to be honest, off-road racing is not really my thing.

Same here, TBH I'm pretty awful at it, it's the only reason I haven't finished GT5 - the rally sections kill me every time. I can do the snow stuff (actually do really well at that) but the dirt stuff, nope.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So I bought a $12 bargain basement rally racing game and... Wow!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived